Getting Air?

Cyborg_Chippy

Oct 23, 2004
I'm a regular road cyclist but have rescently started riding off-road, on an epic off-roading ride yesterday I discovered a bombhole in my local woodland. Ended up spending atleast 2 hours just riding up and down the jumps but not getting real air and landing real hard.

Anyone got any tips on how to get air and land cleanly? :confused:

Cyborg_Chippy said:
I'm a regular road cyclist but have rescently started riding off-road, on an epic off-roading ride yesterday I discovered a bombhole in my local woodland. Ended up spending atleast 2 hours just riding up and down the jumps but not getting real air and landing real hard.

Anyone got any tips on how to get air and land cleanly? :confused:
I'm also new to off roading, and have also just found a bumbhole in the local woods. Maybe its the same one (lol)....anyway i reckon its all down to the fact that we're not as young as we once were and the fact that you were riding a non-susser bike prob didn't help!! Get yourself some decent wheels and you'll notice the difference. Oh and maybe a bigger pair of knackers too!!
Same time next week with a camcorder then??

kriss.boo said:
I'm also new to off roading, and have also just found a bumbhole in the local woods. Maybe its the same one (lol)....anyway i reckon its all down to the fact that we're not as young as we once were and the fact that you were riding a non-susser bike prob didn't help!! Get yourself some decent wheels and you'll notice the difference. Oh and maybe a bigger pair of knackers too!!
Same time next week with a camcorder then??
Young..maybe not.. but able to applied knowledge and learn new skills is something you master as you get older..

Agree. A bike might help but I'll still need to know where to put my knackers if I want to look :cool: and not end up :eek: .

Well first of all if your hitting jumps i would recoommend not using a xc frame because from past experiance the frame and parts arent made to endure large strain . first put ur seat down , ride at a pretty high speed , once near the top of the lip pull back on your handlebars (but dont bunnyhop) once in the air adjust your pitch so you dont over shoot , and on the down line your bike up with the incline of the landing ramp . and remember practice you wont get this on your first try .
Hope this helps you out .

I've been MTB biking, mostly XC, for a few years now. I recently got the wild hair in my **** to start doing some jumping. Lucky for me there are some already made jumps in the park where I ride. So I decided to hit them. I started on the beginner jumps, two mounds about two foot high and 4 or 5 feet apart, and all was fun. I did this about a dozen times and decided to move up to some mounds that were three foot high and six feet apart. That one got harry. Apparently, speed is very important for height. Height is very important to make the distance of the jump. I guess I might of pussed out on the height and I almost didn't make the jump. My front wheel hit to soon on the second mound and lucky for me I made it but it wasn't a smooth landing. The point I guess I'm trying to make is take your time and practice alot. Practice to the point where the jump is to easy and boring before moving up. At least that's the way I plan to master he stunt.

Practice..Practice..Practice.. Krunch...

No more practice for the moment as I've now completely snapped my collar bone (again) and waiting for it too be fixed up before I get in the saddle again.

Anyone got any suggest for some good MTB vid's to watch with plenty of Dirt Jumping so I'm at least getting some mental practice..

mofiki said:
Drink milk. LOL

How did you break your collar bone, details?
Intially I thought I broke it from a crash landing by too much showing off..:rolleyes:

But after waiting four weeks for an appointment with a NHS shoulder injury expert it turn out I've have a broken collar bone for over two years. The last crash only caused the injury to be come painful enough for me to realize it was busted.. So I've got another 2 weeks until surgery (private as NHS was gonna be another 8+ weeks) and it will be three weeks after that I'll be back out on my bike. Will probably stick to road for a couple of months just to get some strengh back..