Getting back to training after 2-3 weeks off

batmobil

Jul 16, 2010
I ride about 6-9 hours a week usually and avg about 450tss a week. Right now i'm in my build two block of training and I've been doing some very good workouts involving some nice ftp intervals, some nice anaerobic threshold intervals as well as some neuromuscular. My question is since I had to take a few weeks off of the bike where would you recommend I start training from again. I have a race in a couple of weeks that I would like to be ready for even though I understand that it close by i will think of it a my C priority race. In any case I would like to be as ready as possible for the race and get back into my training blocks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most importantly, just get back out on the bike. Do some moderate Tempo rides of a couple of hours or so. As those feel normal again, pick up the intensity and then add back in things like SST and Threshold work. It shouldn't take too many rides before you're ready for higher end work again but before you jump into that higher end work it's important to get out and get your legs moving again.

It's pretty easy, just expect your legs to be a bit blocked up and your performance to be down for the first few days or first week of getting back on the bike and that's where just getting out and riding Tempo can help.

-Dave

Your routine i already very fine you don't really need any suggestions according to what i think lol.
Just keep maintaining it in a better way and take care of the diet that will definitely make your achieve your goal.

Originally Posted by batmobil .

I ride about 6-9 hours a week usually and avg about 450tss a week. Right now i'm in my build two block of training and I've been doing some very good workouts involving some nice ftp intervals, some nice anaerobic threshold intervals as well as some neuromuscular. My question is since I had to take a few weeks off of the bike where would you recommend I start training from again. I have a race in a couple of weeks that I would like to be ready for even though I understand that it close by i will think of it a my C priority race. In any case I would like to be as ready as possible for the race and get back into my training blocks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Your big problem is 6-9 hours a week. Not enough.

After the couple weeks off: Monitor your heart rate not your power. As your heart rate falls your power will come back. The more time you spend on your bike the sooner you will get back into shape. 15-20 hours a week and you will be back to your old power in a couple weeks.