Getting better!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    One positive outcome about being laid off for 2 months was the time I had to ride whenever I wanted
    to and for how long I wanted to (well to some extent). In this 2-month span, I rode at least 4 times
    a week and each ride taking about 2 hours. At first, I tired easily and would stop every 10 mins. to
    catch my breath. So really the 2-hour ride consisted of 1.25-1.5 hrs "actual" riding time, and the
    rest resting time. Now I ride more and rest very little since I don't tire easily anymore. In a 1-hr
    ride, "actual" riding time is now 55 mins. and 5 mins resting time. Additionally I've increased my
    average rate so I don't take as much time to cover the same amount of distance.

    Now I'm back in the grind and only ride 2-3 times a week, but I've kept up my momentum. Starting
    tomorrow, I will attempt harder trails that the ones I've been riding.

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > One positive outcome about being laid off for 2 months was the time I had to ride whenever I
    > wanted to and for how long I wanted to (well to some extent). In this 2-month span, I rode at
    > least 4 times a week and each ride taking about 2 hours. At first, I tired easily and would stop
    > every 10 mins. to catch my breath. So really the 2-hour ride consisted of 1.25-1.5 hrs "actual"
    > riding time, and the rest resting time. Now I ride more and rest very little since I don't tire
    > easily anymore. In a 1-hr ride, "actual" riding time is now 55 mins. and 5 mins resting time.
    > Additionally I've increased my average rate so I don't take as much time to cover the same amount
    > of distance.
    >
    > Now I'm back in the grind and only ride 2-3 times a week, but I've kept up my momentum. Starting
    > tomorrow, I will attempt harder trails that the ones I've been riding.

    Keep up the good work!

    - CA-G hey, are you near Asheville by any chance???

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!