Getting chicked! :-p

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Getting "CHICKED" on the bike! I made this video because we tried to pass some dude today and every time we started to pass him he would try to race off so we couldn't pas shim. Only thing I can think of is that he didn't want to get passed by two women. Maybe because he had "SPEEDY" printed on the back of his jersey (bike shirt) and riding a very expensive titanium bike. Finally we passed him not trying to race so he drafted us for 5 miles. I pulled out my recorder to catch him but he tried to move to the side like as if he wasn't ha ha! So finally after 5 miles he races around and tried to leave us. Gina said, "go pass him if you like." I said it would mean more if we all passed him cause I think he was afraid of getting "chicked" (passed by a girl). So I let him get pretty far ahead then I told Gina OK NOW! We averaged 22.9 for the last half mile and rolled right by him ha ha! He got "chicked" anyway!. :p It's a pride thing with guys that think they are hardcore so we just had to "chick" him he he he!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Haha! I loved the video and how you put Getting Chicked Productionz at the end. So funny. That's lame that he acted that way. He should just enjoy being out there and getting to ride, and not be caught up in ego.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Haha! I loved the video and how you put Getting Chicked Productionz at the end. So funny. That's lame that he acted that way. He should just enjoy being out there and getting to ride, and not be caught up in ego.

You know, I can understand that people want a workout. SO if we are catching him I can see that he tries to stay ahead for a workout. Btu once it's apparent that you are not as strong as the competition, why suck wheel then sprint around like he thought he was stronger. Just made a fool of himself. If someone catches , I just let them go and try to keep my pace best I can. That's a workout! So I do think this guy was not wanting to get chicked. :D

FTR, I'd never wear a jersey that said "Speedy" on the back! :p

Nah! He was just out for a ride, and your paths just accidentally coincided.
Hardly! You can tell after 10 miles of silly behavior these guys are trying to save their egos. I've come across plenty of riders who are doing their own thing as we happen to cross paths. Anybody that looks back at you 10 times after sucking wheel and sprinting around is silly. Then to do it again after sucking wheel for another 5 miles? Dude was a pesty uninvited wheel sucker so he needed to be chicked! :D

Hardly! You can tell after 10 miles of silly behavior these guys are trying to save their egos. I've come across plenty of riders who are doing their own thing as we happen to cross paths. Anybody that looks back at you 10 times after sucking wheel and sprinting around is silly. Then to do it again after sucking wheel for another 5 miles? Dude was a pesty uninvited wheel sucker so he needed to be chicked! :D

I used to run marathons. Each year before the annual March marathon, we had a series of training races, 12, 15, and 18 miles. I remember the 12-miler I ran. There was one particular guy, who would toe the line with the elite girls. He always made sure he was on the line before the race. As soon as the gun went off, he was out. He would do everything he could to stay ahead of the elite women. Six miles out, we passed him, breathing hard, and about to drop. The elite women and not so elite women had passed him by. I always used to get a kick out of these guys. He wasn't the only one. There were so many, who tried to show up the girls. Those elite women would go off on a relaxed lope like they could run all day and did.It's the same with cycling.

I used to run marathons. Each year before the annual March marathon, we had a series of training races, 12, 15, and 18 miles. I remember the 12-miler I ran. There was one particular guy, who would toe the line with the elite girls. He always made sure he was on the line before the race. As soon as the gun went off, he was out. He would do everything he could to stay ahead of the elite women. Six miles out, we passed him, breathing hard, and about to drop. The elite women and not so elite women had passed him by. I always used to get a kick out of these guys. He wasn't the only one. There were so many, who tried to show up the girls. Those elite women would go off on a relaxed lope like they could run all day and did.It's the same with cycling.

I've had my **** handed tome by a few chicks. Not that I was trying to race them or keep up but if they pass me, I just figure they are in better shape. More Girl Power to them! :p

I've had my **** handed tome by a few chicks. Not that I was trying to race them or keep up but if they pass me, I just figure they are in better shape. More Girl Power to them! :p

I'm a long distance rider but prefer to pace myself and chasing down a pack of fast riders, who aren't going as far as I'm am is total insanity. Pace lines are nice, but I don't need them if their pace is way too much for me.

I can see the same types of people when I drive down the road. My wife constantly complains about that part of me, but it is something you just know from the years of driving and riding. Sometimes you encounter drivers that move from one lane to another making their way down the road. My coworkers and I at quitting time would create rolling blockades to traps these types of guys in. It was funny to watch their faces when they realized they couldn't go any farther. I know BikeBikeBikeBike is going to jump me for that remark.:D

I don't get the fascination with an unknown rider's speed. At the end of really long training ride on a quiet country, I was climbing at a moderate (maybe low tempo) pace when a rider yells "on your right, on your right, get over" with an urgency that I expected Lance Armstrong himself to be coming by. The ringleader and his closest lieutenant clowns pass me as I cling to the edge of the road. I slowed down a bit to let the straggers get back to the heros. Then, they fan out across the road for about a mile to recoup the efforts I guess. Like.....scuse me, trying to ride here... I guess they thought they won a TDF stage. They eventually let me by. Then they started to chase me. A threshold session was not indicated that day, but I just had to lay it down.

There is a pro racing team nearby and I love seeing the girls go by. I must be half way cool or they pity this old fool because they wave or say hi. I'd be a tool to try to hang with them. Sure, I could hold their wheels but that is damned rude. We have a guy who does that constantly. He actually waits for riders and jumps on their wheels and he won't get off. I just stop and eventually he goes away.

I was talking to a buddy of mine this weekend about the dude in the op. He said I could make a whole collection of these kinds of guys if I wanted. I have made some in the past. Like this one. :D

We're riding with girls and my buddy just happened to be in front at this time. This was like the 4 time we were about to pass him. Finally we dropped him just holding our pace. He got chicked too! :p

I was talking to a buddy of mine this weekend about the dude in the op. He said I could make a whole collection of these kinds of guys if I wanted. I have made some in the past. Like this one. :D

We're riding with girls and my buddy just happened to be in front at this time. This was like the 4 time we were about to pass him. Finally we dropped him just holding our pace. He got chicked too! :p

The passed rider was not even riding hard.

How fast were you going?

The passed rider was not even riding hard.

How fast were you going?

Well that is the point. He's riding his pace then every time we try to pass he lifts the pace as you can see in the video right after the captions "one minute later". He passes on the right with a hard effort. When we finally passed him he was pretty exhausted.

It was a stiff headwind so we might have been doing 16 or 17. Every time we began a pass holding our pace he would strep on it. Not that fast but nobody is dong 21 when the headwind is like this.

Here is another one. Tammy decided to ride with Gina and I this day. Some dude pulled it on her. So here is her account of this guy she considered a "D!ck". :D

She tells her story at the beginning of the video then at 1:50 you can see when we encounter the **** in the blue jersey. :mad:

You ain't going to like it but I saw four squirrels and a guy in a blue jersey wanting to get a safe distance ahead. The four of you are weaving all over the road like drunks. The blue jersey passed and then looks back when oncoming cyclists were coming. He wanted to be sure he was clear.

I don't get some fat squirrely ridin chick calling him a d!ck from what I saw. I would hate riding on that hellhole patch of pavement.

Here is another one. Tammy decided to ride with Gina and I this day. Some dude pulled it on her. So here is her account of this guy she considered a "D!ck". :D

She tells her story at the beginning of the video then at 1:50 you can see when we encounter the **** in the blue jersey. :mad:

You need to stop riding with these girls because you're making the macho men look bad.

You ain't going to like it but I saw four squirrels and a guy in a blue jersey wanting to get a safe distance ahead. The four of you are weaving all over the road like drunks. The blue jersey passed and then looks back when oncoming cyclists were coming. He wanted to be sure he was clear.

I don't get some fat squirrely ridin chick calling him a d!ck from what I saw. I would hate riding on that hellhole patch of pavement.

Ooh, you're going to catch it, now. I hope you're joking.

That looks like a fairly nice bit of pavement. You should see what I ride on: country roads with cracked surfaces, washboard bumps, and pot holes. That kind of tells why I find it hard to average anymore than 15 or 16 when riding solo. I wouldn't trade those backroads for anything, though. You can't beat country living.

You ain't going to like it but I saw four squirrels and a guy in a blue jersey wanting to get a safe distance ahead. The four of you are weaving all over the road like drunks. The blue jersey passed and then looks back when oncoming cyclists were coming. He wanted to be sure he was clear..

Perhaps your comprehension is off. We caught him several times. If he was trying to avoid us then why jump on the back? He could have avoided us by letting us pass and continuing his slower pace. The thing that made our line a pack of squirrels was the fact he would not let us pass. Each time he bumped out one of the girls. So if it appears to you were not in line, it was that fact that the girls were moving away to avoid the ****.

I can tell by your posts you must suck as a rider if you think this behavior is normal.

Ooh, you're going to catch it, now. I hope you're joking.

That looks like a fairly nice bit of pavement. You should see what I ride on: country roads with cracked surfaces, washboard bumps, and pot holes. That kind of tells why I find it hard to average anymore than 15 or 16 when riding solo. I wouldn't trade those backroads for anything, though. You can't beat country living.

I take it he is not. Only two reasons one can think this way. He sucks and thinks this is acceptable normal behavior. Or he's just wanting to stir the pot in which case leads me to believe he has an attitude like the **** rider in the video. :rolleyes: