Getting fit with root crops

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
Eating root crops is an advocacy of a known athlete here. He says that root crops like sweet potato or cassava can give you the energy for a marathon (maybe if you eat enough). During runs, he would eat a couple of sweet potato an hour before the start of the event and all he would need along the way is water. Even when not running, he also eats root crops as snacks. He particularly likes cassava cake.

I was just watching IP Man (fantastic movie if you have not seen it) and they gave the coal miners ONE sweet potato looking thing for the whole lunch. Then he goes on to wop Jap butt so they MUST be energy dense!
But no seriously root crops are a staple for many societies, they are both caloric and nutrient dense!
It's been said that you could live on pretty much nothing but potatoes for a long time.
They gotta be one of the heathiuest things for you.
I'm a big fan of carrots and parsnips.
I have read about cassava before but I have never got a chance to try it.

Eating root crops is an advocacy of a known athlete here. He says that root crops like sweet potato or cassava can give you the energy for a marathon (maybe if you eat enough). During runs, he would eat a couple of sweet potato an hour before the start of the event and all he would need along the way is water. Even when not running, he also eats root crops as snacks. He particularly likes cassava cake.

Sweet potato is in fact a modified root. It is the reservoir of energy for the plant and thus it is rich in starch. Starch is a carbohydrate and carbohydrate is used for instant energy needs. It is converted to glucose in our body. It is a known fact here and I guess everybody knows this in science.

Root crops like potatoes, sweet potatoes and cassava has a high starch content that gives a lot of carbohydrates. This promotes cardiovascular health. It also has a lot of vitamins and minerals.

Root crops are great sources of carbohydrates to give an energy boost for a workout. While it has a lot of nutrients, it's more helpful when eaten before vigorous exercise and don't neglect eating foods with protein during the day.

I like eating root crops. My favorite is the purple sweet potato. It smells good and keeps me full whenever I'm cycling. Great for snacks too.

It is normal for any outlets to take some root crops such as cassava and potatoes before running on a track since he or she is going to need a full energy to perform better while on the race so as to have a good performance. However, i wouldn't advise anyone to take saucer with cross when it comes to riding a bike.

I like eating root crops. My favorite is the purple sweet potato. It smells good and keeps me full whenever I'm cycling. Great for snacks too.

I don't enjoy taking it well I'm riding because it makes me feel heavy and tired easily since cycling is not like athletics which involves stretching the hand and legs in a fast motion and this is the reason I avoid roots crops when I want to go on a long distance rides.

I don't enjoy taking it well I'm riding because it makes me feel heavy and tired easily since cycling is not like athletics which involves stretching the hand and legs in a fast motion and this is the reason I avoid roots crops when I want to go on a long distance rides.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I just find it okay for avoiding hunger while riding outside. Not too long distances. Just moderate ones.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I just find it okay for avoiding hunger while riding outside. Not too long distances. Just moderate ones.

We all have different body structures and how we react to a whole lot of things are always pretty different. I think that I am always dizzy when I take some food and avoiding them is the best thing that I've got to do at the moment .

We all have different body structures and how we react to a whole lot of things are always pretty different. I think that I am always dizzy when I take some food and avoiding them is the best thing that I've got to do at the moment .

It's nice that you know what's good and bad for you. I actually have a similar reaction to coffee. I feel dizzy and a bit nauseous after drinking it. So totally avoid it whenever I'm outside.

It's nice that you know what's good and bad for you. I actually have a similar reaction to coffee. I feel dizzy and a bit nauseous after drinking it. So totally avoid it whenever I'm outside.

That's what I was saying in the sense that what works pretty fine for me may not really work better for the next person. So, trying as much as we can to understand our best is the best thing to do.

That's what I was saying in the sense that what works pretty fine for me may not really work better for the next person. So, trying as much as we can to understand our best is the best thing to do.

Maybe it's best we keep it simple. Most simply choose to drink water and energy drinks. That's probably what works for them.

I really like the sweet potato, specially the cassava cake, or even just the fried sweet potato that looks like potato chips. You will feel full immediately after you eat this, it's really heavy.