General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Getting married soon, need to adjust workout!

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 241 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 December 2005
Last activity
22 December 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
241
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, all

    I will be getting married August 2006,and would like to adjust my
    routine to
    lose the slight belly and love handles I have aquired over the last two
    years
    of bulk training.

    Now I know cutting is discussed quite a lot on this group and I would
    like to
    change my diet along with the routine to reps to reach my goal of a
    lower bodyfat %
    by August.

    I am 5ft11in male weighing just under 13 stone, Prior to training I was
    always
    11st 9, So I have put on quite a bit for my small to medium build. I
    have not
    measured my bodyfat, looking at the feature on bodyfat % a while back,
    I reckon
    I'm around 18% (37inch waist).

    My diet is quite varied, I eat a lot of pasta for energy. and
    supplement with a protein
    shake.

    I know cutting diets can be quite complex, but a particular diet caught
    my eye,
    which was the slimming world red diet, which consists of a high protein
    diet.
    would that be a good diet to follow, plus what should I change in my
    workouts.
    (A rep range of 9 - 15?)

    I have posted my routine below.

    Mainly strength training(my workouts are based on achieving 4 sets of 8

    reps(32) successfully before moving up on weight.

    Tuesday
    5 Sets of Flat benching(1 Warmup on 60Kg 4 on 80KG to Failier)
    4 Sets of incline benching(60Kg)

    Thursday
    5 Sets of Deadlifts(1 80 Kg warmup and 4 120KG at the mo)
    (Alternating every month with squats 5 Sets at 110KG)

    Saturday

    5 sets of Upright rows(1 20kg warmup and 4 on 35Kg )
    4 Sets of French press 40KG
    4 Sets of dumbell tricep extensions on each arm (12.5kg)
    4 Sets of Twisted Bicep Curls(12.5kg each arm)
    4 Sets of Straight Arm Bicep curls(35KG)

    all the working out is done at home, I have an olympic bench, barbell
    and weights, plus dumbbells and olypic curl bar. so no resistence
    machines
    as such, although I can put the barbell up between two beams in the
    ceiling to
    do lat pull ups.

    Thanks for reading

    Austin

  2. <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, all

    I will be getting married August 2006,and would like to adjust my
    routine

    "Yes, dear, whatever you want."

    12 reps, 3 sets, every day, forever.

    David

  3. Quoted message said:

    I will be getting married August 2006,and would like to adjust my


    routine to lose>

    Oh don't worry, you'll "lose", lose your house, your car, your kids,
    your self-esteem, your testicles. The list goes on and on.
    Oh yeah, good luck.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.