Getting The Story Straight

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    If you're going to start questioning the character of someone, you should a
    least get the story consistent with those you work(ed) with.

    From today's Washington Post:

    In fact, we actually had a very good working relationship," Armstrong said
    at yesterday's news conference, referring to O'Reilly. "I know that Emma
    left the team for other reasons. And even as evil as this thing has come out
    to be, it's not going to be my style to attack her. I know there were a lot
    of issues within the team, within the management, within the other riders
    that were inappropriate. She was let go. But to be quite honest, I always
    had a good relationship with her."

    Inappropriate and let go. And yet, this from AFP quoting Mark Gorski:

    While O'Reilly left the team at the end of the 2000 season, she did so under
    good terms. Former Postal general manager Mark Gorski once referred to the
    now-33-year-old soigneur as "the heart and soul of the team."

    "She's so professional and has a wonderful influence on the other staff
    members and the riders," Gorski told Sam Abt of the International Herald
    Tribune. Gorski said. "She brings a woman's sensitivity to guys'
    personalities, their differences in personality, all kinds of things that a
    male soigneur just can't bring."

    This is going to be so much fun to observe.

    Tags:

  2. gwhite

    gwhite Guest

    "B. Lafferty" wrote:

    > This is going to be so much fun to observe.

    I find it boring. I would rather watch the race, syringe or no syringe.

  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "gwhite" <[email protected]_ti.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_ti.com...

    > "B. Lafferty" wrote:
    > >

    > > This is going to be so much fun to observe.

    > I find it boring. I would rather watch the race, syringe or no syringe.

    Soon.