Getting to IOW round the island route from Ryde.

Tumbleweed

Guest
Someone said that finding the IOW marked route was difficult coming out of
Ryde ( The extra 15 mins to fishbourne may make the diff between my
breakfast staying down or not).
Looking at a map, it seems you head inland on the Sandown road
....A3055...and then turn left (I'm going clockwise for easiest route, as
advised) onto the road hopefully signposted cycle route and/or Bembridge. Is
that right?

Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:25:21 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Someone said that finding the IOW marked route was difficult coming out of
>Ryde ( The extra 15 mins to fishbourne may make the diff between my
>breakfast staying down or not).
>Looking at a map, it seems you head inland on the Sandown road
>...A3055...and then turn left (I'm going clockwise for easiest route, as
>advised) onto the road hopefully signposted cycle route and/or Bembridge. Is
>that right?

Good enough. Left is at 604909.

Alternatively pick up the B3330 and merge with the route at 619911.

Signposts are plentiful and consist of an Isle of Wight picture with a
bike in it. White bike on blue island for clockwise.

Tim
--
For those who have trouble distinguishing, cynicsm, sarcasm, humour etc,
try mentally inserting smilies thoughout my post until it either

(Jon Senior urc)

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:25:21 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Someone said that finding the IOW marked route was difficult coming out of
> >Ryde ( The extra 15 mins to fishbourne may make the diff between my
> >breakfast staying down or not).
> >Looking at a map, it seems you head inland on the Sandown road
> >...A3055...and then turn left (I'm going clockwise for easiest route, as
> >advised) onto the road hopefully signposted cycle route and/or Bembridge. Is
> >that right?
> >

> Good enough. Left is at 604909.

If it is the spot I think there is a petrol station on the corner. The
mass ride uses a control at Bembridge which is a considerable detour
to come back to Ryde from but if doing it on your own probably better
from Ryde, especially for poor sailors! (I can talk, threw up on the
big wheel with my 8 yr old after doing some awful twister ride last
night at the local funfair!)

Enjoy the ride ;-)