Getting To The Bottom Heart Attacks

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    From VeloNews:

    A leading French doping expert claims sports authorities are covering up the real reasons for a
    recent spate of deaths which have been ascribed to heart failure, AFP reported Wednesday.

    Ten athletes, including six cyclists, have died in Europe over the last six months but Jean-Paul
    Escande, former head of the French National Doping Commission, says he is staggered by the way their
    deaths have been "swept under the carpet" as fate.

    "I am appalled by the explanations for these sudden deaths," Escande told Le Monde. "Why, for
    example, have no studies been carried out on the effects of human growth hormones on an athlete's
    heart? I'll tell you why. It is because we don't want to know............

    http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/5650.0.html

    Tags:

  2. Wasn't something definitive supposed to be reported by the end of February? Did I miss it?

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]_remove_this> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Wasn't something definitive supposed to be reported by the end of February? Did I miss it?

    He died...that is as definitive as it gets Dave