GF Tassajara or Trek 6500???

BRScott

Jun 20, 2005
Which bike would you buy -- a Gary Fisher Tassajara or a Trek 6500. If neither one has disc brakes, they cost about the same.

Thanks,
-Brian

i'm looking at some of those same bikes... i like the whole gary fisher line better than treks! better parts where it counts, cooler colors...
if anybody's intrested in giving bike advice, i posted my bike searching saga on the buying advice part!

BRScott said:
Which bike would you buy -- a Gary Fisher Tassajara or a Trek 6500. If neither one has disc brakes, they cost about the same.

Thanks,
-Brian

similar components. but the frames are totally different, the geometry is a little different. not all of the components are the same, comparable, but not evry little thing is the same. like fork, seatpost, wheelset, those typically are diff. than trek. handlebars, seat, those are the same. trek has tiny upgrades or downgrade. the front derailleur on one maybe a bit better, etc. gary fisher does have a fair amount of input on the bikes with his name on it; trek does NOT just slap a cooler paint color and decals on the same bike!

esCarbonie said:
arent they basically the same thing?