ghetto juggling clubs

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by gasmaster, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. gasmaster

    gasmaster Guest

    im working on learning to juggle clubs, but im on a low budget. so, i
    figured, why not make my own clubs? after minimal thought, i came upon
    the conclusion that sticks w/ duct tape might be the perfect "ghetto
    juggling club". so, if NE of u have comments on this, feel free to offer
    comments, constructicve criticism, ideas or any other thingymabobs that
    i forgot, speak up!!!

    --
    gasmaster - level 4 unicyclist

    OBEY THE MULLET!!! BWA-HAHAHA!!!
    gasmaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6713

  2. markf

    markf Guest

    google for newspaper juggling clubs instructions. nevermind i did it for
    you:

    'here' (http://www.yoyoguy.com/info/newspaper/)
    'or here' (http://home.hvc.rr.com/humdinger/newspaperclubs/)
    'or here ' (http://hem.passagen.se/vete/make.html)

    they're all slightly different, so take a look. i've used some of those
    kinds of homemade clubs and they're alright for learning but after a few
    weeks of drops you'll want some real clubs. these things also don't hold
    up to passing well at all.

    --
    markf
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

  3. rabbidous

    rabbidous Guest

    I learned to juggle clubs on newspaper clubs... they work well (Much
    better balance than a stick). And as a benefit (major for me) they don't
    hurt when you get hit with them.

    They are surprisingly more durable than you might think. Took me a few
    hours to make three of them (I used the ones from crazy tie guy's
    webpage... http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm). Spend some time to
    make them nice, and you'll get plenty of use out of them.

    Good luck

    --
    rabbidous - Unnofficial Level 2

    The Great Rabbidous has spoken. Muah ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.
    rabbidous's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5583

  4. rabbidous

    rabbidous Guest

    I appologize for that link not working... I just copied it off the hard
    copy that I printed out to make the clubs (A couple years ago). Maybe if
    you're really interested, you can get me to scan them back in for you.

    --
    rabbidous - Unnofficial Level 2

    The Great Rabbidous has spoken. Muah ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.
    rabbidous's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5583

  5. gasmaster

    gasmaster Guest

  6. paco

    paco Guest

    If you want to go cheap and fast, go to a dollar store and buy three
    short-handled plungers. They are suprisingly well-balanced.

    --
    paco - Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

    "You could switch out the unicycles for badgers, and the game would be
    the same."
    -Sockmonster
    paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

  7. markf

    markf Guest

    i steer people away from plungers usually. i find the weight a litle
    concentrated at the end. good clubs have it spread a little more evenly
    along the latter 1/4 of the club. making your own is a cheap and easy
    alternative. once you learn, i strongly suggest renegades, but its a
    personal preference. but i had some live through a cross country bike
    trip with some wear and tear but still looked good after 4300 miles.

    --
    markf
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

  8. Never tried to juggle with clubs... so I made 3 newspaper clubs this
    week in school. I loaded the tips with red acrylic paint and will wrap
    the handles in black hockey tape tomorrow. They are much sweet.

    I'll be sure to post pictures once they are finished.

    --
    Mistercookieface87 - Lv. 4

    shoots a gun at the feet the world dances.
    Mistercookieface87's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2871

  9. entropy

    entropy Guest

    I know the thread is for hommade clubs, but I'd like to put in a plug
    for Dube Airflites...around here, we refer to them as 'military grade'
    juggling gear. Unlike most unibodies, they are very difficult to warp
    with normal use, and can withstand some pretty severe abuse. They're
    fairly inexpensive as far as clubs go (if you can find 'em used they're
    usually really cheap) and the only real downside I've found is that they
    pack a knockout punch if you blink and miss during a passing pattern.

    --
    entropy - life in balance
    entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

  10. My apologies for bringing this back to life... but I'm pretty damn proud
    of my finished clubs.

    | Attachment filename: kif_2055.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/248982|

    Mistercookieface87 - easily-led automaton

    shoots a gun at the feet the world dances.
    Mistercookieface87's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2871

  11. Mojoe

    Mojoe Guest

  12. GILD

    GILD Guest

    very kewl clubs
    hopefully they'll get u so into club juggling that u'll spring for some
    ''real'' (http://tinyurl.com/4yx4t) clubs sometime soon
    ;)

    --
    GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
    i'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.-- oscar levant
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

  13. Those were some nice clubs... I'll definetly be bying some once i can
    club with any consistancy... I'm up to about 10 or so passes without
    mistake, a bit more pratice and I should start to get it good...

    --
    Mistercookieface87 - easily-led automaton

    shoots a gun at the feet the world dances.
    Mistercookieface87's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2871

  14. lleberg

    lleberg Guest

    I am trying to start juggling with clubs, and it, i must say, is going
    pretty good (and i now can idle with right foot down more than 30 times,
    wonder where this is going!), and since, i'm in a small group of people,
    who has fireshows, with poi
    [image: http://www.eldsjal.org/images/galleryImages/2918.jpg]
    firebreathing and one girl is doing devilstick.

    And NOW, i'm starting to plan making my own fire-jugglig clubs, it
    shouldnt be too hard, i think.
    What i need is three wodden handles, some steel pipe 15mm in diameter,
    and some kevlar-fabric, and some blots and glew of course.
    My grandfather is a carpenter with his own workshop, he could lathen
    (how they make a wodden baseballbat) the three handles, my dad could get
    some pipes, and mu uncle could get some kevlar-fabric for me.

    But how should they look? How should the handle look to get some nice
    balance? The vire shouldnt be in the center of gravity.
    Is this doable at all?
    And yes, i will learn to juggle properly before i start playing with
    fire.

    Edit:
    If you have problems visualising this. take a look at 'THIS!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/6ofj6)

    --
    lleberg - Level two!

    I <3 my unicycle!
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

  15. Checkernuts

    Checkernuts Guest

    lleberg wrote:
    > *
    >
    > But how should they look? How should the handle look to get some nice
    > balance? The vire shouldnt be in the center of gravity.
    > Is this doable at all?
    > And yes, i will learn to juggle properly before i start playing with
    > fire.
    > *

    Its doable, I wouldnt use steel pipe, just some sheet metal around a
    dowl rod should do it as the fuel is what is burning not the wood, you
    just need to shield the wood from catching on fire.

    Also I have found having a taper on the club body that stops, as the one
    pictured, helps shield your hand from the flames when the club is
    inverted. This is usefull if your using hotter burning fule like colman
    camping fuel, or whitegas.

    Attached I measured one of my renegades, hopefully it will give you a
    better idea on porportions.

    Goodluck

    | Attachment filename: club.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/250533|

    Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20

    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

  16. GILD

    GILD Guest

    lleberg wrote:
    > ...firebreathing...

    please don't?!:eek: :confused:
    just stop doing it right now and in ten years time, when your teeth
    haven't fallen out of your head, then u can thank me.
    deal?

    btw, have u tried poi on the uni yet?

    --
    GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
    i'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.-- oscar levant
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

  17. smdO2

    smdO2 Guest

  18. Mojoe

    Mojoe Guest

    Here's a pic of my ghetto homemade torches.

    Mojoe
    http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

    | Attachment filename: torch-002.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/250628|

    Mojoe - Free your mind

    http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

    Hot as a pistol, but cool inside...
    Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

  19. lleberg

    lleberg Guest

    GILD wrote:
    > *please don't?!:eek: :confused:
    > just stop doing it right now and in ten years time, when your teeth
    > haven't fallen out of your head, then u can thank me.
    > deal?
    >
    > btw, have u tried poi on the uni yet? *

    I don't do the firebreathing part, and i'm not planing to.

    And, i have tried poi on the uni, but not with fire, i need to learn to
    stay idle (and then to poi at the same time, and then make it look good,
    and then do it with fire). I started to wobble alot, but i think it's
    doable. The thing with poi is that you move around alot, allmost dance,
    so i need some practise!

    i'll take a look on those blueprints, or drawings, construction manuals,
    or whatever it is called. :)

    --
    lleberg - Level two!

    I <3 my unicycle!
    lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

  20. lleberg

    lleberg Guest

    And now... How fat should the... bode be? I do want them to go on some
    average speed, not superfast, and not slooooooow. And how long should
    the fat bit be?