Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Giant '03 XTC vs Specialized '03 M5

Started by taongbundok · · Last activity · 4 posts · 3,303 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
7 September 2003
Last activity
14 September 2003
Original author
taongbundok
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,303
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking at getting a new frame. I ride easy xc, no big drops and bombing down rock gardens. I've cut down my selection to these 2 frames. I'd really want to get a light frame with a good value. I'n my part of the world, the XTC frame is about $ 300 while the m5 frame is triple the price at $900. Are these fair prices? If I'm looking at the cost-performance ratio, would the M5 give me a LOT better ride than the XTC? Hoping for your inputs....

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by taongbundok
    I'm looking at getting a new frame. I ride easy xc, no big drops and bombing down rock gardens. I've cut down my selection to these 2 frames. I'd really want to get a light frame with a good value. I'n my part of the world, the XTC frame is about $ 300 while the m5 frame is triple the price at $900. Are these fair prices? If I'm looking at the cost-performance ratio, would the M5 give me a LOT better ride than the XTC? Hoping for your inputs....

    hey wassup taong bundok?

    I hace a giant XTC SE3 dunno how to say this but this is best frame i ever had! Y? its bec this is my omost expensive one🙂

    Bought it in cartimar by the way🙂

    hey check out this link (new forum boards for pinoy mountain bikers

    http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi?action=login2

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by maxbuwaya
    hey wassup taong bundok?

    I hace a giant XTC SE3 dunno how to say this but this is best frame i ever had! Y? its bec this is my omost expensive one🙂

    Bought it in cartimar by the way🙂

    hey check out this link (new forum boards for pinoy mountain bikers

    http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi?action=login2

    Hey maxbuwaya! How did you set-up your bike? I currently have a Schwinn Moab 2, which is pretty light.. but i'm looking to upgrade my frame. Baka you're selling an old frame? 🙂 Where do you ride? We're usually in Montalban weekends, sama kayo!

    Does anyone else have experiences with these 2 bikes?

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by taongbundok
    Hey maxbuwaya! How did you set-up your bike? I currently have a Schwinn Moab 2, which is pretty light.. but i'm looking to upgrade my frame. Baka you're selling an old frame? 🙂 Where do you ride? We're usually in Montalban weekends, sama kayo!

    Does anyone else have experiences with these 2 bikes?

    I bought it at Cristis at Cartimar, Its basically a straight factory giant bicycle, I really dont wanna overshoot my budget at that time, we wr in antipolo just last thursday, its actually my first trailing experience, so i really am a newbie, so stamina is not that good for now🙂 But if its ok with you guys why not? hehehehe

    Have you visited our local forum?

    http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi

    Hey hope to ride with you guys sometime!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.