Giant AC3 2002



Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xtc

Guest
I'm thinking about getting a Giant AC 3 2002 left over at my lbs. Are they a good all around
trail bike. I don't ride extreme and I currently have a 2003 Giant Rainer and would love to get
into a FS bike. I'm 5,10" 260lbs it should work for me with stronger springs. Any input would be
of great help. Thx
 

Twisties

New Member
Apr 7, 2003
145
0
0
33
looks pretty sweet to me.
its got a pretty good spec.


bottom line...

i'd buy it!
 
S

Slash

Guest
On 17 Jun 2003 17:00:29 +0950, Twisties <[email protected]> scribbled:

>looks pretty sweet to me. its got a pretty good spec.
>
>
>bottom line...
>
>i'd buy it!

Friend of mine picked one up a little over a month ago. Nice light bike, seems to handle the hits
well and soaks up all the bumps that the trail throws up at you. He's on the opposite end of the
weight spectrum though (beanpole) at 6' and 150 or so. If you haven't already, I'd advise going to a
bike shop and telling them that you'd like to take it out for a test ride. Have them set up the
suspension for your weight and then take it out and bash it around. If they won't let you borrow it
for a few hours, at least give it a good thumping on some sidewalk dropoffs. :)

Quite frankly, it's one of the best full suspension bikes you can buy for its price range and the
suspension design itself has been mountain biker tested and approved.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion
 
T

T_blood

Guest
> I'm thinking about getting a Giant AC 3 2002 left over at my lbs. Are they
a
> good all around trail bike. I don't ride extreme and I currently have a
2003
> Giant Rainer and would love to get into a FS bike. I'm 5,10" 260lbs it should work for me with
> stronger springs. Any input would be of great
help.
> Thx

I have a 2002 AC2 and love it. It's no XC bike and sometimes the weight kicks my ass, but nothing
someone can't condition themselves into. I ride DH and XC and it has done well for me...Mike
 
S

Slash

Guest
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:39:29 -0800, Slash <[email protected]> scribbled:

>Friend of mine picked one up a little over a month ago. Nice light bike, seems to handle the hits
>well and soaks up all the bumps that the trail throws up at you. He's on the opposite end of the
>weight spectrum though (beanpole) at 6' and 150 or so. If you haven't already, I'd advise going to
>a bike shop and telling them that you'd like to take it out for a test ride. Have them set up the
>suspension for your weight and then take it out and bash it around. If they won't let you borrow it
>for a few hours, at least give it a good thumping on some sidewalk dropoffs. :)
>
>Quite frankly, it's one of the best full suspension bikes you can buy for its price range and the
>suspension design itself has been mountain biker tested and approved.
>
>-Slash

Whoops! This is one of those classic "I should probably read the original message before replying"
situations! My message refers to the Giant NRS 3, not the AC 3. Sorry! I'm going to go to my room
now and break into tears of shame. And then fix my damn bike computer, wires are messed up or
somethin', it won't take a reading at all. Hmm...

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion
 
J

Jo

Guest
Slash <[email protected]> Had this to say news:[email protected]:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:39:29 -0800, Slash <slas[email protected]> scribbled:
>
>>Friend of mine picked one up a little over a month ago. Nice light bike, seems to handle the hits
>>well and soaks up all the bumps that the trail throws up at you. He's on the opposite end of the
>>weight spectrum though (beanpole) at 6' and 150 or so. If you haven't already, I'd advise going to
>>a bike shop and telling them that you'd like to take it out for a test ride. Have them set up the
>>suspension for your weight and then take it out and bash it around. If they won't let you borrow
>>it for a few hours, at least give it a good thumping on some sidewalk dropoffs. :)
>>
>>Quite frankly, it's one of the best full suspension bikes you can buy for its price range and the
>>suspension design itself has been mountain biker tested and approved.
>>
>>-Slash
>
> Whoops! This is one of those classic "I should probably read the original message before replying"
> situations! My message refers to the Giant NRS 3, not the AC 3. Sorry! I'm going to go to my room
> now and break into tears of shame. And then fix my damn bike computer, wires are messed up or
> somethin', it won't take a reading at all. Hmm...
>
> -Slash
> --
> "Ebert Victorious"
>
> - The Onion
>

Hey, The XTC NRS 1 is a sweet ride as well.

The AC3 is speced wicked... if you get a good price then buy, but maybee you might want the 2003 )
should only be a small price diff.)
 

Anton24

New Member
Aug 18, 2003
1
0
0
Originally posted by Xtc
I'm thinking about getting a Giant AC 3 2002 left over at my lbs. Are they a good all around
trail bike. I don't ride extreme and I currently have a 2003 Giant Rainer and would love to get
into a FS bike. I'm 5,10" 260lbs it should work for me with stronger springs. Any input would be
of great help. Thx

:D Bought an AC3 about 2 months ago and it's been nothing but fun. I throw every kind of trail I can find at this bike and it just keeps on going. Coming from a hardtail, it took a while to get used to the duel suspension, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. The Hayes discs are sensational, great stopping power and very responsive.

Its expensive, but worth every cent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.