Giant Boulder

Skunk

New Member
Apr 29, 2003
I am thinking of uprating to a road bike, and have about five or six hundred quid in mind. Anyone know what would represent good value. I commute about 15 miles daily and do a couple of evening and a weekend run, all told about 150 miles per week.
Also as i commute I feel i need 2 bikes but the missus is unlikely to wear me having three so I am going to sell a giant boulder. A bloke at work is interested but I haven't a clue what the second hand market is like. I bought it new 2 years ago for £200ish. i have probably done about 1,000 miles, mainly offroad (towpaths) It cleans up okay but hasn't had any real servicing - mainly because it hasn't needed it. Any ideas what I should charge.

so I am going
> to sell a giant boulder. A bloke at work is interested but I haven't a
clue what the second hand market is like.

This should be posted in uk.rec.rockery

run, all told about 150 miles per week. Also as i commute I feel i need
> 2 bikes but the missus is unlikely to wear me having three so I am going to sell a giant boulder.
> A bloke at work is interested but I haven't a clue what the second hand market is like. I bought
> it new 2 years ago for £200ish. i have probably done about 1,000 miles, mainly offroad (towpaths)
> It cleans up okay but hasn't had any real servicing - mainly because it hasn't needed it. Any
> ideas what I should charge.

If it's clean and fully working (nothing to spend) start at £100 and be prepared to take £80.

John

Once upon a time, Eatmorepies <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I am going to sell a giant boulder. A bloke at work is interested but I haven't a clue what the
>> second hand market is like. I bought it new 2 years ago for £200ish. i have probably done about
>> 1,000 miles, mainly offroad (towpaths) It cleans up okay but hasn't had any real servicing -
>> mainly because it hasn't needed it. Any ideas what I should charge.

>If it's clean and fully working (nothing to spend) start at £100 and be prepared to take £80.

Stick it on eBay with an 80 quid starting price and see what you get bid (mind to allow major
postage for it though!). You'd be surprised what happens when people start bidding against each
other, plus you get nation-wide coverage.

--
- Pyromancer Stormshadow http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk <-- Pagan Gothic Rock!
http://www.littlematchgirl.co.uk <-- Electronic Metal! http://www.revival.stormshadow.com <-- The