Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

GIANT composite TCR 1 - 2006

Started by KATRA · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,278 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
29 July 2006
Original author
KATRA
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,278
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am thinking of purchasing the GIANT mentioned. Does anyone have this bike and could you please provide some feedback or reviews. Thanks.

  2. KATRA said:

    I am thinking of purchasing the GIANT mentioned. Does anyone have this bike and could you please provide some feedback or reviews. Thanks.

    roadbikereview.comPRD 290524 5668crx.aspx

  3. Darkhorse85 said:

    roadbikereview.comPRD 290524 5668crx.aspx


    I purchased the OCR composite. Ultegra; v smooth tho prefer the geometry of the Shogun Ninja I also own (Shim 105). A fortnight ago I suddenly parted company with the bike after coming around a corner a little too fast, clipped some concrete and became airborne. Broken collar bone. More surprising the frame broke right through in two places! 1) Where the horizontal support meets the seat post and on lower frame above the cranks. Wow. And now it looks warrantly does not cover it. Might have been happier with TCR than OCR a little too upright. There was some impact but srpised how easily it broke. Had a not dissimilar accident on the Shogun; nothing mortal for that bike then. Good luck; maybe consider insurance. :o

  4. [quote="Misty_Dave"]I purchased the OCR composite. Ultegra; v smooth tho prefer the geometry of the Shogun Ninja I also own (Shim 105). A fortnight ago I suddenly parted company with the bike after coming around a corner a little too fast, clipped some concrete and became airborne. Broken collar bone. More surprising the frame broke right through in two places! 1) Where the horizontal support meets the seat post and on lower frame above the cranks. Wow. And now it looks warrantly does not cover it. Might have been happier with TCR than OCR a little too upright. There was some impact but srpised how easily it broke. Had a not dissimilar accident on the Shogun; nothing mortal for that bike then. Good luck; maybe consider insurance. :o

    Thanks for the reply - might do some more research. Looking forward to some more responses

  5. Misty_Dave said:

    I purchased the OCR composite. Ultegra; v smooth tho prefer the geometry of the Shogun Ninja I also own (Shim 105). A fortnight ago I suddenly parted company with the bike after coming around a corner a little too fast, clipped some concrete and became airborne. Broken collar bone. More surprising the frame broke right through in two places! 1) Where the horizontal support meets the seat post and on lower frame above the cranks. Wow. And now it looks warrantly does not cover it. Might have been happier with TCR than OCR a little too upright. There was some impact but srpised how easily it broke. Had a not dissimilar accident on the Shogun; nothing mortal for that bike then. Good luck; maybe consider insurance. :o

    The OCR composite is an entirely different frame than the TCRs. While the TCR is for serious road racing, the OCR is designed for touring/comfort. The Carbon weave is inferior to the TCR.

    See pic, alu can break in a similar fashion RE: Aluminum frame, carbon fork & seat stays.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.