Giant Cypress LX seatpost size

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dan Brussee, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Brussee

Dan Brussee Guest

I picked up a nice frame recently and need to find a seatpost, or a shim. All the posts I have are
    27.2 and this frame is much larger diameter.

It is a Giant Cypress LX - unsure of year. If anyone has one of these, please either measure the
    seatpost, or if you can remove it, it should be marked. Is there a shim used here? The Giant web
    site lists seat posts as 27.2, so Im thinking maybe there is a normal shim from the factory.

Anyone got one of these they can help with?

Thanks

Tags:

2. Adam Rush

Adam Rush Guest

> I picked up a nice frame recently and need to find a seatpost, or a shim. All the posts I have are
    > 27.2 and this frame is much larger diameter.
    >
    > It is a Giant Cypress LX - unsure of year. If anyone has one of these, please either measure the
    > seatpost, or if you can remove it, it should be marked. Is there a shim used here? The Giant web
    > site lists seat posts as 27.2, so Im thinking maybe there is a normal shim from the factory.
    >
    > Anyone got one of these they can help with?
    >
    > Thanks

As someone who has assembled near a hundred of there Cypresses this summer, I can tell you that
    quality control does not extend to seat posts. At least once a week we'd get one that had a
    unambiguously mismatched seatpost boxed with it. Go to the seatpost rack of your LBS and have them
    do head-scratching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.