Giant Exp..info help

::nomad::

Aug 10, 2007
Hey,
I'm looking for Giant Expedition full suspension bike. Does ne one know if its still being made? Because it's the bike I seriously would like to have. It has full suspension, hydraulic disc brakes and all that kinda stuff to which almost no one would rely on but in spite of this, many peeps have ridden it through the harshest stuff on the world and nothing's been fallen apart.
It is a realy great bike but there's simply no information on it lately. Knowing that the official homepage of Giant is queer because it doesn't show a lot of bikes they're making, I wouldn't like to rely on that info.
The bike's been around since 2001 or 2002.. but I've seen it much later being used by travellers.. And those bikes were new ones so...
I've roamed all the net and stuff but it doesn't show anything at the same time I wouldn't want to back down :)
If anyone has any information on it- were I could buy it or so, please write down it'd be muchly appreciated :)
Thank you.​

This is what I'm talking about:
expedit.jpg

Really does noone knows this bike?

At least, what should I do- to write some kinda letter to some distributors around?

I've asked local shops, they don't have it here, of course, that's why- they're quite shitty :(

I'm really interested, need any info, thanks .

They probably stop making them because no one would have them. Too many moving parts that could go wrong on a long tour. The rear rack seems a bit dodgy, I can't imagine how it would handle after loading 15/20kg's on the rear racks, as it's just supported on the seat tube.
Anyway if you're really out to find one how about contacting Giant?
After all they made the thing :D

Thanks, yeah I was going to contact them just thought some one would know something about it on here.

Yeah, I agree, it looks really dodgy but knowing what's been done with them... I've seen some peeps riding it through all those harsh gravels in South America without any probs, then I know one guy from my country, he's been travelling alone the world with this machine- like transsiberia, himalayas region, all unpaved south america, dirt roads in australia and so on plus he's a professional cameraman and photographer who takes his gear with him wherever he rides.. red it's about 60kilograms on this bike!... so he rode also without any complications so I decided to check this machine out. It looks cool enough for like Scandinavia and Europe at the moment I'm not going to travel anywhere else...

ciao