Giant Iguana???

korndawg

Apr 10, 2004
Well, in my quest for buying a mountain bike, I was ready to buy a 2004 Giant Yukon for $399 until my LBS found me an even better deal. He got me a Iguana Spring edition (dream silver/silver w/ Manitou Shock) for $479!
Is this a great deal? Whats everyones thought on this bike? The guy said it was a 2004 Spring Edition, but I see nothing about them on the Giant website. Is it really a 2003? If so, am I better off with the 2004 Yukon for $399 or getting the 2004 Iguana for $499

Originally posted by korndawg
Well, in my quest for buying a mountain bike, I was ready to buy a 2004 Giant Yukon for $399 until my LBS found me an even better deal. He got me a Iguana Spring edition (dream silver/silver w/ Manitou Shock) for $479!
Is this a great deal? Whats everyones thought on this bike? The guy said it was a 2004 Spring Edition, but I see nothing about them on the Giant website. Is it really a 2003? If so, am I better off with the 2004 Yukon for $399 or getting the 2004 Iguana for $499

Don't buy the Yukon. The two bikes look the same but there is a huge difference in quality, especially with the forks. The Yukon comes with disc brakes and so most of the other components are much cheaper, and there’s a huge weight difference. The Iguana has mainly Alloy components while the Yukon has steel.