news:[email protected]...
> ANDY wrote:
>> Anyone had any experience of these?
>> Thanks
>> ANDY

> Nope. Only 5'7"
> ;-)
>
> Shawn

very good, solid, value for money, durable, ive owned a 2004 yukon great
tough bike (theyve moved away from the nasty hayes which never felt
completly bedded in. and in with the shinobi's), and a 2005 xtc3 present
rig,

happy hunting

ANDY wrote:
> Anyone had any experience of these?
> Thanks
> ANDY

Okay, well in all seriousness, I've had 6 Giants in the past 2 years in the
following order:

2003 XTC2 hardtail
1991 Kronos commuter SS
2003 AC1 dual-susser
2005 STP2 urban BMX
2002 XTC2 hardtail SS
2005 TCR2 roadie

I still have the last three and the Kronos, and they are rawkin!

Our bike shop says that Giants creak a lot, but in my experience, if it's
maintained correctly (more specifically, the bottom bracket gets overhauled
properly) then there shouldn't really be many problems.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:TtITe.11402$Cc5.5825@lakeread06...
> ANDY wrote:
>> Anyone had any experience of these?
>> Thanks
>> ANDY

> Okay, well in all seriousness, I've had 6 Giants in the past 2 years in
> the following order:
>
> 2003 XTC2 hardtail
> 1991 Kronos commuter SS
> 2003 AC1 dual-susser
> 2005 STP2 urban BMX
> 2002 XTC2 hardtail SS
> 2005 TCR2 roadie
>
> I still have the last three and the Kronos, and they are rawkin!
>
> Our bike shop says that Giants creak a lot, but in my experience, if it's
> maintained correctly (more specifically, the bottom bracket gets
> overhauled properly) then there shouldn't really be many problems.
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

ive never had a 'creak', i want to sell my bike and opt for the xtc2 le
which is going for such a good price at the moment, its so tempting..

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:TtITe.11402$Cc5.5825@lakeread06...
> ANDY wrote:
>> Anyone had any experience of these?
>> Thanks
>> ANDY

> Okay, well in all seriousness, I've had 6 Giants in the past 2 years in
> the following order:
>
> 2003 XTC2 hardtail
> 1991 Kronos commuter SS
> 2003 AC1 dual-susser
> 2005 STP2 urban BMX
> 2002 XTC2 hardtail SS
> 2005 TCR2 roadie
>
> I still have the last three and the Kronos, and they are rawkin!
>
> Our bike shop says that Giants creak a lot, but in my experience, if it's
> maintained correctly (more specifically, the bottom bracket gets
> overhauled properly) then there shouldn't really be many problems.
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

The 'le' has XT running gear apposed to Sram which i am weary of, and have
been advised to steer away from... but i dont know much about them.. Ahhhh
super light XC bike.

ANDY wrote:
> Anyone had any experience of these?
> Thanks
> ANDY

Giant is a company.
giant is large and ugly.
So perhaps Andy is looking for a big big oversized bike.

Shawn wrote:
> ANDY wrote:
>
>> Anyone had any experience of these?
>> Thanks
>> ANDY

> Nope. Only 5'7"
> ;-)
>
> Shawn

Had two. Only 5'7"
--
Westie

I love my VT2.
It does all I am prepared to do, and no doubt way more that I'm too debt
ridden to attempt to do (lest I end up in traction for a month without pay)

But then I have little to compare it to. My previous bike was my first
mountain bike, and it was a Merida, and whilst it was one sweet ride (though
I hated the fact that the front gears would only work correctly for one
ride, then have to be adjusted again), this Giant leaves it for dead.
And my only real bike before that was my old ten speed from high school days
which did thousands of Kms over about 18 years.

The, only fairly recently purchased, Giant VT2 hasn't put a foot wrong in
over 500Kms of almost exclusively single track riding.
Speaking of "fairly recently purchased" that reminds me, I spose I'd better
take it in to the LBS, they give 12 months of free servicing, and that 12
months is likely to be up pretty soon.