Giant Neos Pro Bike computer

norfolk090

Dec 9, 2013
I am a recreational road cyclist but I like to monitor my stats for training however I am having a whole lot of trouble with my Giant Neos Pro ANT system. I have had it for 1 year and recently since I changed the batteries in all components the heart rate reading is erratic. Works for about 30mins then spikes to around 240 for a while then works fine then spikes again. I have adding more moisture to strap, moving it to one side giving it a good wash etc. The speed, distance and cadence are all fine. Have I missed something in the settings? or is it a dud system?

Originally Posted by norfolk090
I am a recreational road cyclist but I like to monitor my stats for training however I am having a whole lot of trouble with my Giant Neos Pro ANT system. I have had it for 1 year and recently since I changed the batteries in all components the heart rate reading is erratic. Works for about 30mins then spikes to around 240 for a while then works fine then spikes again. I have adding more moisture to strap, moving it to one side giving it a good wash etc. The speed, distance and cadence are all fine. Have I missed something in the settings? or is it a dud system?
Did you put the right batteries in it? check that they are in properly and not obstucted by fluff or anything. Also check that your heart rate monitor strap is sealed properly, moisture from your sweat might be causing it to go off it's nut.

My Cateye 'soft' heart rate strap worked fine for a couple of months and then went tits up. It would spike, stick at something like 78 BPM for up to four miles, show a decaying heart rate when I was attacking or climbing hard and then return to a normal display. Totally fuzzed up readings...

Cateye replaced it at no cost after I sent in ride file data for them to look at. The second one is working OK. Contact the manufacturer and see if you can get a replacement. I've read of Polar, Timex, Garmin, Cateye, etc. all having high enough failure rates to easily find a lot of internet *****ing. Plastic straps...soft straps...it's all a bit of Chinese Roulette to me.

Thanks for your help camybob and ambal...after all that this morning I noticed that the sensor on the spoke was in a straight position so I moved it so it was on an angle and therefore closer to the ridesense sensor...VOILA...a smooth ride and no crazy HR. I hadn't thought of that as I assumed the sensor was only for cadence and speed...after all it's just a magnet...go figure
grin.png

That makes no sense, at all...especially since you said speed & cadence was fine and only the HR reading was acting weird.

Well, I'm glad it got things working again. It's never weird when it works!