Giant NRS Air Question

btasquared

Sep 2, 2003
I'm planning to upgrade from my 2000 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp FSR and my LBS has a NRS Air demo (ridden about 100 miles) for about $2,000. The bike is in showroom condition, but I'm curious to know if there's anyone out there who owns or owned an Air, and could give their opinion of the bike and the price beign asked.

Thanks.

Originally posted by btasquared
I'm planning to upgrade from my 2000 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp FSR and my LBS has a NRS Air demo (ridden about 100 miles) for about $2,000. The bike is in showroom condition, but I'm curious to know if there's anyone out there who owns or owned an Air, and could give their opinion of the bike and the price beign asked.

Thanks.
!! SNAP IT UP!! in canada i paid $4000 for the '04. no regrets! what a diff 20 lbs off makes! lite weight adds to your maneuverabilty and effortless pedal stroke, & think of how often u have to lift it up a set of stairs etc... there are many elevations on my rides that i don't even call 'hills' anymore. riding the air with all the new component setup is a dream come true. so smooth, full of technology/quality. this far - flawless. high winds tend to blow u a little sideways tho. braking skids too. just remember what its built for- its fast & totally luvable. i'd buy it b4 anyone else does- even as a second for myself- at that price.

Originally posted by RIDINGonAIR
!! SNAP IT UP!! in canada i paid $4000 for the '04. no regrets! what a diff 20 lbs off makes! lite weight adds to your maneuverabilty and effortless pedal stroke, & think of how often u have to lift it up a set of stairs etc... there are many elevations on my rides that i don't even call 'hills' anymore. riding the air with all the new component setup is a dream come true. so smooth, full of technology/quality. this far - flawless. high winds tend to blow u a little sideways tho. braking skids too. just remember what its built for- its fast & totally luvable. i'd buy it b4 anyone else does- even as a second for myself- at that price.

Where did you get your 2004 NRS Air for $4,000 in Canada?

I'm looking to buy one myself and live outside Toronto - I've been quoted around $5,200 plus taxes?

Thanks

Originally posted by Gearjam
Where did you get your 2004 NRS Air for $4,000 in Canada?

I'm looking to buy one myself and live outside Toronto - I've been quoted around $5,200 plus taxes?

Thanks
guess i wasn't thinking accurately of the price when i was raving about the bikes qualities. it was actually $4999 b4 taxes. bay cycle (pickering) also told me in late nov. that if i didnt get my name in at that time then chances are i wouldnt get it 4 this year. there are just so many made, which is another reason i said to snap it up. if you didnt get the demo you were talking about, good luck on your hunt. theres always the nrs 1 which would put more gravity on your side & have more lateral stiffness. the 'air' makes up for it- as far as that goes. been riding it for 3 weeks now, getting used to its 'new' behavior & i'm happily adjusting to it. no complaints. today i rode ~30 km in near freezing rain/snow got numb & soaked in high wind & just loved the ride.
...u might try asking a dealer to call giant 4 u to see if u can still order one up- worth a shot??