Giant NRS Rear Suspention

Phil

Guest
I have a Giant NRS2.0, Dark grey frame colour I am not sure what year
model it is, and hopefully that is the first thing that someone can
help with, It was bought in May 2006 so Pretty sur it is a 2006 model,
hopefully someone can confirm that from the frame colour, or sugest
where to look for other markings

Back to the main point, the Rear Shock has given up and dumped the
dampening oil, whilst I am sure it could be repaired, it was not the
best to start with so seems good time to upgrade it, Any sugestions
what would be suitable Not looking to spend vast amounts of money but
no idea realy what to expect to have to pay

Cheers

Phil

"Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a Giant NRS2.0, Dark grey frame colour I am not sure what year
> model it is, and hopefully that is the first thing that someone can
> help with, It was bought in May 2006 so Pretty sur it is a 2006 model,
> hopefully someone can confirm that from the frame colour, or sugest
> where to look for other markings
>
> Back to the main point, the Rear Shock has given up and dumped the
> dampening oil, whilst I am sure it could be repaired, it was not the
> best to start with so seems good time to upgrade it, Any sugestions
> what would be suitable Not looking to spend vast amounts of money but
> no idea realy what to expect to have to pay
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

www.pushindustries.com

-Zilla

On 10 Sep, 13:49, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > I have a Giant NRS2.0, Dark grey frame colour I am not sure what year
> > model it is, and hopefully that is the first thing that someone can
> > help with, It was bought in May 2006 so Pretty sur it is a 2006 model,
> > hopefully someone can confirm that from the frame colour, or sugest
> > where to look for other markings

> > Back to the main point, the Rear Shock has given up and dumped the
> > dampening oil, whilst I am sure it could be repaired, it was not the
> > best to start with so seems good time to upgrade it, Any sugestions
> > what would be suitable Not looking to spend vast amounts of money but
> > no idea realy what to expect to have to pay

> > Cheers

> > Phil

> www.pushindustries.com
>
> -Zilla

Thanks for the response, but not sure what you are trying to tell
me !!!

Phil

Phil wrote:
> On 10 Sep, 13:49, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>>> I have a Giant NRS2.0, Dark grey frame colour I am not sure what year
>>> model it is, and hopefully that is the first thing that someone can
>>> help with, It was bought in May 2006 so Pretty sur it is a 2006 model,
>>> hopefully someone can confirm that from the frame colour, or sugest
>>> where to look for other markings
>>> Back to the main point, the Rear Shock has given up and dumped the
>>> dampening oil, whilst I am sure it could be repaired, it was not the
>>> best to start with so seems good time to upgrade it, Any sugestions
>>> what would be suitable Not looking to spend vast amounts of money but
>>> no idea realy what to expect to have to pay
>>> Cheers
>>> Phil

>> www.pushindustries.com
>>
>> -Zilla

> Thanks for the response, but not sure what you are trying to tell
> me !!!
>
> Phil

That is a company that will fix your shock and actually make it better
than the original (most of the time).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On 10 Sep, 17:47, Ride-A-Lot <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
> Phil wrote:
> > On 10 Sep, 13:49, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>www.pushindustries.com

> >> -Zilla

> > Thanks for the response, but not sure what you are trying to tell
> > me !!!

> > Phil

> That is a company that will fix your shock and actually make it better
> than the original (most of the time).
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

The basic problem, as was stated in the orrigonal message, is that it
was rubbish to start with therefore fixing it is not my favoured
option, even if it may return better than before I cannot see that
they will make much of an improvement.

If I was wanting it serviced I would get it done at the local bike
shop, alot cheeper than shipping it to the US.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 02:44:39 -0700, Phil wrote:

maybe you should visit
http://www.canecreek.com/cloud_nine.html
cane creek builds these shocks for all kind of bikes, including NRS.I'm not
shure, but there was $100 discount if you send them your old shock.
At least it is easily maintainable rear shock.

"Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 10 Sep, 17:47, Ride-A-Lot <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
> > Phil wrote:

year

model,

but

> > > Thanks for the response, but not sure what you are trying to tell
> > > me !!!

> > > Phil

> > That is a company that will fix your shock and actually make it better
> > than the original (most of the time).
> >
> > --
> > o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

> The basic problem, as was stated in the orrigonal message, is that it
> was rubbish to start with therefore fixing it is not my favoured
> option, even if it may return better than before I cannot see that
> they will make much of an improvement.
>
> If I was wanting it serviced I would get it done at the local bike
> shop, alot cheeper than shipping it to the US.

It was a suggestion of inference. IOW, you don't "normally" repair
shocks, but send them in to be repaired; some LBS's won't even
do them. However, you probably have bad seals, and hence, you'll
need to replace them.

On Sep 10, 2:44 am, Phil <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a Giant NRS2.0, Dark grey frame colour I am not sure what year
> model it is, and hopefully that is the first thing that someone can
> help with, It was bought in May 2006 so Pretty sur it is a 2006 model,
> hopefully someone can confirm that from the frame colour, or sugest
> where to look for other markings
>
> Back to the main point, the Rear Shock has given up and dumped the
> dampening oil, whilst I am sure it could be repaired, it was not the
> best to start with so seems good time to upgrade it, Any sugestions
> what would be suitable Not looking to spend vast amounts of money but
> no idea realy what to expect to have to pay
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

Putting a band-aid on a crappy design is never the answer.

JD

I think Phil is looking for advice on a replacement part of better quality,
rather than fixing the existing part. - CW

news:[email protected]...