Giant OCR1 2004 - how much should I sell it for?

Gilders

Nov 1, 2003
Hi people!

Be grateful for some advice.

Been riding a Giant OCR1 2004 since November last year and am looking to upgrade to the TCR with the Ultegra groupset.

As it stands, looking to sell of my OCR, but no definitive idea as to at what price. Bike has had Shimano R540 (105) wheels fitted, as well as an ITM Millenium seatpost, whilst the rest of the components (bar new Viper saddle and cartridge brake pads) have remained the same (Tiagra Triple groupset - nothing outstanding but has definitely done the job!).

Bike has done just under 1500 miles and is in excellent condition, having recently been serviced. Anal retentiveness in storage has also meant that there is barely a noticeable scratch on the frame!

LBS has offered me £500 if I do a trade in. Do you guys think this is reasonable, or should I be able to get more on a private sale?

And if so, what should I be asking for?

Or is it a case of it being worth more to just keep as a training bike?

Cheers for any help out there!

Gilders

thats a pretty bad price for that bike....

if you are upgrading to a TCR you are better of just buying the Ultegra group set and a new carbon fork (straight) cos thats all the TCR has on the OCR1 execpt for the colour........ red goes faster;)

It would be much cheeper than buying a new TCR....

isnt tcr the step up to a carbon fibre frame and ocr alloy fluid formed. if so the jump from ocr to tcr is a significant one???. thus the price difference and frame weight will be significant . also the jump from triple tiagra to Ultegra is the same, a big one durability and shift performance wise.

The TCR comes in both alloy and composite models. They alloy is not the same as the OCR with a big difference in weight and geometry. The wheelbase is considerably shorter on the TCR and as a result the angles are steeper.