Giant OCR1 vs Cannondale R2000si

gsnake

Apr 28, 2007
Hello,

I am new to this forum but already found lots of interesting things here. I need an advice - which bike to choose: Giant OCR1 or Cannondale R2000si. They are about the same age (say 4-5 years old).
I am 5"10 and based on wrenchscience.com I need 55 cm frame for the bike.
OCR1 has compact frame 50 cm (that supposed to equal 54 cm regular frame). R2000si has 56 cm frame (regular).
I tried to measure different things on both bikes and don't really see much difference. Even riding them is about the same (I had only a quick ride and can't really tell much yet). But obviously R2000SI has better components on it (Ultegra, Mavic wheels, etc).
I am thinking about which one should I have...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

gsnake

Hey! Anyone - please!!! :)

gsnake said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum but already found lots of interesting things here. I need an advice - which bike to choose: Giant OCR1 or Cannondale R2000si. They are about the same age (say 4-5 years old).
I am 5"10 and based on wrenchscience.com I need 55 cm frame for the bike.
OCR1 has compact frame 50 cm (that supposed to equal 54 cm regular frame). R2000si has 56 cm frame (regular).
I tried to measure different things on both bikes and don't really see much difference. Even riding them is about the same (I had only a quick ride and can't really tell much yet). But obviously R2000SI has better components on it (Ultegra, Mavic wheels, etc).
I am thinking about which one should I have...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

gsnake

At 5'10, if your proportions are normal, you should fit better on the 56 c'dale than on the 50 OCR.

The OCR has a bit more "relaxed" geometry than the C'dale (bit more race-worthy), so it really depends on what you want the bike for.

I have both a C'dale (CAAD9) and a Giant (TCR), both aluminum. Given that both fit equally well (which can hardly be the case), I'd go with the C'dale, but that's just me.

cheers

LeDomestique,
Thanks for the reply! Yes, my proportions are quite normal plus my legs are pretty long (84 cm inseam). I plan to use the bike for training so more race-worthy is cool!
I will go with C'dale - the only concern I have now is the frame. Is it that durable? I read that C'dale recommends this frame to be used only for 2 seasons for agressive riders... Does not make sense to me but....

Cheers,
gsnake

LeDomestique said:
At 5'10, if your proportions are normal, you should fit better on the 56 c'dale than on the 50 OCR.

The OCR has a bit more "relaxed" geometry than the C'dale (bit more race-worthy), so it really depends on what you want the bike for.

I have both a C'dale (CAAD9) and a Giant (TCR), both aluminum. Given that both fit equally well (which can hardly be the case), I'd go with the C'dale, but that's just me.

cheers

gsnake said:
LeDomestique,
I will go with C'dale - the only concern I have now is the frame. Is it that durable? I read that C'dale recommends this frame to be used only for 2 seasons for agressive riders... Does not make sense to me but....

Cheers,
gsnake
C'dale has lifetime warranty on the frames (on manufacturing defects). I have C'dale F500 MTB from 1998 that I have used extensively and in rough terrain and not only the frame is spotless, but the paint is also good as new.

Go with C'dale, you can't go wrong.

This is really good, thanks! I loved the bike but was discouraged by those reviews where people break their C'dale frames... I was also surprised that my R2000si was in the new condition as well (including the paint).

LeDomestique said:
C'dale has lifetime warranty on the frames (on manufacturing defects). I have C'dale F500 MTB from 1998 that I have used extensively and in rough terrain and not only the frame is spotless, but the paint is also good as new.

Go with C'dale, you can't go wrong.