Giant or Specialized...

Captain Adventure <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Hosh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > James Davis wrote:
> >
> > > Hey...
> > >
> > > I know people probably ask this kinda question all the time but...
> > >
> > > I am in the market for a beginners bike.. Looking to spend around
£300.

> > Raleigh. More bike for the buck.

> Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.

http://www.raleighbikes.com/bikes/index.html

Hmmm, don't see any kickstands there.

Shaun aRe

> >Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.
>
> Yeah - but do they have big wide springy seats?

Actually, neither. Nor do they come with water bottle holders. All of these accessories you have to
purchase yourself, including a lock and chain.

Captain Adventure wrote:

> Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.

Actually, I don't know of any manufacturer, including Raleigh, that come with kickstands, you always
have to purchase them aftermarket, as I did with my Raleigh, it did not come with one.

Then there are those that don't get kickstands at all, so they can just throw their bikes on the
ground like kids in the ghetto do.

> > Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.
>
> http://www.raleighbikes.com/bikes/index.html
>
> Hmmm, don't see any kickstands there.

The person who made that comment is obviously someone who bought their bike from Toys-R-Us or
Walmart. Anyone serious about bikes knows the better ones, like Raleighs, don't come with kick
stands or water bottles on them, you always have to buy them separately.

"Hosh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.
> >
> > Yeah - but do they have big wide springy seats?
>
> Actually, neither. Nor do they come with water bottle holders. All of these accessories you have
> to purchase yourself, including a lock and chain.

Life is good.

Bill "evil grin" S.