Giant Propel Vs Cervelo S2...

brendoni

Apr 5, 2015
I currently have a Giant Defy 3, but I'm wanting to upgrade. I really like the Cervelo S2, but recently looked at a Giant Propel Advanced 3. Does anyone have an opinion on which is the better bike? I ride 3-5 day's a week (30 miles a day), and would love to get opinions on both bikes. Thanks in advance.

Would you rather drive a tricked out Toyota Camry or a Porsche 924?

Both bikes are good bikes. I find the Giant to be... Meh. It's a racier version of what you have with probably not much of an upgrade on components.

The cevelo is basically the same bike, just more exotic. Cevelo is a "cool" brand, but you're getting that sexy brand name, but not really a sexy bike and once again, not much of an upgrade on components.

If you are ready for road bike #2, then (imho) ditch the aero frame and find a bike with full Ultegra components in that 2700 to 3000 price range. You'll appeciate the upgrade in performance far more than you'll feel the (albeit more sexy) aero frame.

If you are ready for road bike #2, then (imho) ditch the aero frame and find a bike with full Ultegra components in that 2700 to 3000 price range. You'll appeciate the upgrade in performance far more than you'll feel the (albeit more sexy) aero frame.

Funny you mention that, because I was looking at the Cannondale Caad10 Ultegra 3 recently. I'm fairly new to cycling, so to be honest, I don't know a whole lot about the difference in components.