Giant Revive?

Sharon

Guest
I hear Giant is coming out with a "comfort" bike, Revive. Has anyone tried one out? Any feedback?

[email protected] (Sharon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I hear Giant is coming out with a "comfort" bike, Revive. Has anyone tried one out? Any feedback?
> Thanks for any information you can provide.

Will reserve final judgement until a longer test ride, but it seems to combine the worst of both
types: not as comfortable as a recumbent and you still can't stand on the pedals like on a regular
bike. The Rans Fusion:

http://www.ransbikes.com/Fusion/Fusion.htm

and Vision V70 series:

http://www.visionrecumbents.com/BikesV70.html

seem to bracket the Giant and may work better. (Then again, I am biased in favor of
recumbent makers.)

John Riley

No idea how it rides, but I did have a call from a BHPC member the other day commenting that he had
a picture of a bike almost identical in appearance to the Giant, dating from 1914...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

In article <[email protected]>, "Dave says...

>No idea how it rides, but I did have a call from a BHPC member the other day commenting that he had
>a picture of a bike almost identical in appearance to

I was in the patent department of my company the other day, walking down a hallway lined with framed
patents, and there was a patent from about that time with what I swear looked identical to the
Vision V70 Thoroughbred in design. Basically a DF in which the BB is pushed forward so that you can
sit on the seat and still reach the ground.

Which doesn't mean that these aren't interesting bikes. But maybe everything that can be done with a
basic DF has already been tried?

Steve Christensen Midland, MI Vision VR-32, VR-42 and maybe a tandem some day?

Steve Christensen wrote:

> I was in the patent department of my company

Dow?

-Paul from Kalamazoo

In article <[email protected]>, Paul says...

>Steve Christensen wrote:
>
>> I was in the patent department of my company
>
>Dow?
>
>-Paul from Kalamazoo

Yup. And in the small world department, I even went to Kalamazoo College.

"Steve Christensen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Paul says...
> >
> >Steve Christensen wrote:
> >
> >> I was in the patent department of my company
> >
> >Dow?
> >
> >-Paul from Kalamazoo
> >

> Yup. And in the small world department, I even went to Kalamazoo College.
>

> Steve Christensen Midland, MI

Yep. Small world. I grew up in Midland and worked for Dow one summer. (old 47 bldg).

Tom Thompson