Giant Rincon 2002

The question is not "girls or boys" it is fit and feel. A Rincon is a good workhorse design for most non-competitive people looking for a trail capable rig. It has upgrade potential if you chose to expect more out of it, so it could be a long term relationship.
Fit is best done with a professional on hand, as a good shop would do for you. Even if you do not buy it at that shop, they should fit-check you and allow test riding.

Thanks Conniebiker, so i guess there is not much difference between a girls and boys bike. I just didn't want to ride down the street and everyone start looking at me like i'm a weirdo :rolleyes: vbmenu_register("postmenu_2046735", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_2046735", true);

Growing up, I always had what would be considered "boy"s bikes, and my guy friend had a "girl's" bike. His was bright red and mine were always dark blue. In all honesty, for him it was a good choice. He had some landings as a dirt jumper that were made a little easier with the lower bar;).

Doubledragonz said:
I was wondering if i should get a Giant Rinkcon 2002- http://www.giant-bicycle.com/au/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?year=2002&model=9641

But i'm not sure how to tell if its made for girls or boy, if there's such a thing. :confused: Maybe this is a really bad question, but is there any difference and how can you tell?

Thanks
The only obviously 'girls' bikes are those with the top tube is lower than the top of the rear triangle (like http://www.giant-bicycles.com/images/_upload_au/bikes/models/zooms/2005/mod_cypresslady.jpg).

It's a stupid (strength wise) design anyway, so just avoid that and you'll be fine :).

hahaha, thanks SomeGuy. I guess i don't know much about bikes except how to ride them, though i'm scared to go up curbs even though i havn't tried :rolleyes:

Doubledragonz said:
hahaha, thanks SomeGuy. I guess i don't know much about bikes except how to ride them, though i'm scared to go up curbs even though i havn't tried :rolleyes:
It takes practice. Start with smaller ones, and go at them head on. Don't go too fast or too slow, and lift the front wheel up and over. The rear will follow you up on its own, so long as you have your weight forward (don't be sitting down).

SPDs (clip in pedals) make it easy to pull the rear wheel up and over too, instead of having to rely on it jumping of its own accord.

I mentioned once that boys bikes are blue and girls bikes are pink.
I also mentioned that the girls bikes have baskets and streamers from the ends of the grips.:p

Then some viewer put a few pictures up of pink bikes!!!:eek: (no baskets or streamers).

Then I got it from some chick about how hard it is for female mtb riders to buy a bike and accessories:eek: .

So unfortunately, I cannot inform you on how to determine a boys bike from a girls bike.