Giant Rincon frame worthy of better components?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by OniVerde, Sep 18, 2005.

1. OniVerde

OniVerde New Member

I have an '04 Giant Rincon and on most of the reviews I've read on mtbr.com the frame is said to be one of the best points about this bike. But just how good is this frame? How high end of components is it worthy of?

Tags:

2. SomeGuy

SomeGuy New Member

Depends on your needs really. I'm using my 05 Rincon as the basis of my commuter bike. New drivetrain (mainly because the old one was worn), wheels+tires, and saddle make for a reasonably light and speedy bike.

3. OniVerde

OniVerde New Member

My Rincon is my only bike and therefore my do-anything bike. On the weekdays I ride on the road but on the weekends I put on some mtn tires and go on some local trails. I'm not looking to upgrade. I just want to know how good a frame this is.

4. ExtremeTrek

ExtremeTrek New Member

It's a good frame for what it sounds like you are doing. It's not gonna handle any big drops but can be a good, inexpensive xc bike. If you get to the point that you feel you need a better shock or complete drive train you might look at the cost of upgrading vs replacing with something more substantial. My son rides a 5 year old Rincon SE and it's perfect for him, he's even beginning to catch me on the trail, damn it!