Giant SCR 3, anyone own one?

Gadolinium

Jul 7, 2007
Im looking at getting a new stead, and was wondering what the Giant SCR3 is like. Is there anyone out there who owns/has owned this bike, and can give me some advice?

Ta

I have got a Giant SCR3 and am very happy with it so far, obviously it is not a high end bike but I dont think that it is worth spending another £1000 for what is a minimal increase in performance especially as I am a student and dont actually have money as such :p

The shimano Sora stuff is fine, mayby not as crisp as some of the higher end stuff but works fine and is much cheaper to replace if anything untoward were to happen to it... If you feel like upgrading the frame is nice to build on. The seat is a bit cheap but that is easily fixed. The only weakness really is the wheels which are a bit sluggish but stick a pair of 23 tyres on them and you wouldn't notice.

I went out on a 10 mile TT a couple of days ago and was finsishing up with guys on £3000 time trial bikes, it made them quite green I think.

I would reccomend for new road bike riders right up to those who want a quick roadie without spending and arm and a leg. After all, its your body that provides the power and having a lighter wallet won't help much :D

AngryPenguin said:
I have got a Giant SCR3 and am very happy with it so far, obviously it is not a high end bike but I dont think that it is worth spending another £1000 for what is a minimal increase in performance especially as I am a student and dont actually have money as such :p

The shimano Sora stuff is fine, mayby not as crisp as some of the higher end stuff but works fine and is much cheaper to replace if anything untoward were to happen to it... If you feel like upgrading the frame is nice to build on. The seat is a bit cheap but that is easily fixed. The only weakness really is the wheels which are a bit sluggish but stick a pair of 23 tyres on them and you wouldn't notice.

I went out on a 10 mile TT a couple of days ago and was finsishing up with guys on £3000 time trial bikes, it made them quite green I think.

I would reccomend for new road bike riders right up to those who want a quick roadie without spending and arm and a leg. After all, its your body that provides the power and having a lighter wallet won't help much :D
I have an scr 1. Is there much difference between the 1 and 3? All I know is my scr 1 has been really good. However how much better can a bike really get? My gear changes are flawless and smooth, brakes work well and the bike can easily be picked up with one finger.