giant tcr alloy vs avanti corsa

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by ksl, Feb 21, 2004.

1. ksl

ksl New Member

Hello all,

Looking for a new road bike, and kinda like the 2004 Giant TCR alloy and the Avanti Corsa. Both have similar spec, wheels, groupset.

I'm 5' 3" (160gm), weigh around 57 kg (125 lb), so I don't think I need a really robust overbuilt bike. Getting a frame small enough may be an issue, but the XS (42cm) in the Giant and the smallest Avanti seem to be OK (and have very similar geometry).

The Giant seems to be lighter, but the Avanti has carbon seatstays. Any real benefit?

Have found lots of comments on the carbon Giants, but nothing about either of these two bikes. Current bike is an Avanti Competitor MTB frame (35 cm) with Aggressor components. but find myself riding on road more than off.

Many thanks.

Tags:

2. ksl

ksl New Member

Oops. Typo. That should be 160 cm, not 160 gm - the last time I was 160 gm was probably while in utero!

3. halfarm

halfarm New Member

Well i ride for Avanti and find that there bikes are very good, but off the record it would come down to personal prefrence, take them both for a ride and see what you think

4. Sprinter_989

Sprinter_989 New Member

Personally I'd go for Avanti because of the carbon rear stays and I think it looks a lot better than the Giant. But it really comes down to what you like.