Giant TCR Composite 1 Carbon Road Bike -- worth the price? :o

The Giant TCR Composite equipped with 105 components retailed for $1860 in 2011. That was brand new but with lesser components. How new is "nearly new"? I suggest that you physically look at the bike and take someone with you who knows about carbon frame bikes so that he can check for any cracks or defects for you.

kdelong said:
The Giant TCR Composite equipped with 105 components retailed for $1860 in 2011. That was brand new but with lesser components. How new is "nearly new"? I suggest that you physically look at the bike and take someone with you who knows about carbon frame bikes so that he can check for any cracks or defects for you.
+1. The bike isn't worth anything if it's compromised by damage or doesn't fit you.

Shimano 2x9 Dura-Ace drivetrain is seven years old, and 18.9 lbs is not extremely lightweight, but Dura-Ace and the carbon frame put this a step ahead of any new $1000 bike. Think of what you're not getting though, like a warranty and dealer support. Also, find the nominal size of this bike. Giant uses XS, S, M, ML, L, XL This one looks like a S, which is comparable to 52-53 cm in the real world. For $1000 I'd be expecting excellent condition, which means nearly new tires, cables, brake pads, and handlebar tape.