i'm new to this site and would appreciate your wisdom.
i'm looking at getting a new road bike. i prefer carbon with ultegra componentry. i'm 5'9" and 145lb.
my local bike shop is selling the giant tcr composite limited for $1300 USD. what are the reviews on this bike? is this a good deal? it has a truvativ crank, textro brakes, and xero rims- are these significant deficiencies?
what other carbon/ultegra bikes do you recommend at a similar price point? thanks in advance.
I think that's a great deal at $1300. The crank and brakes are decent. For me, the xero wheels are not stiff enough, but you can always upgrade those in the future. For that price I don't think you could find a better bike. The main thing though, is to ride the bike and if it feels good, buy it. Good luck.
I wouldn't really worry about that test. What you need to do is test ride a bunch of bikes that are within your budget. Then decide which bike would be best for your needs.