Giant TCR Composite v Trek OCLV 5500

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Tom Hinchliffe, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames is any better than the other? I
    would be interested to hear from anynoe who has ridden/owned both.

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Ecce

    Ecce Guest

    "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames is any better than the other?
    > I would be interested to hear from anynoe who has ridden/owned both.
    >
    > Tom

    Both bikes are made by Taiwanese slaves - Trek and Giant use the resources of the country, pollute
    it's soil, air and water, so they can provide high quality products with little cost involved YET
    STILL charge customers a high price so that the company boss gets a massive pay check.

    BUY USA or ITALIAN or FRENCH made bikes.

  3. You lie like a dog.

    RST Labor Organization

    [email protected] (ecce) wrote in message
    news:<c1ecb8c7[email protected]>...
    > "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames is any better than the
    > > other? I would be interested to hear from anynoe who has ridden/owned both.
    > >
    > > Tom
    >

    > Both bikes are made by Taiwanese slaves - Trek and Giant use the resources of the country, pollute
    > it's soil, air and water, so they can provide high quality products with little cost involved YET
    > STILL charge customers a high price so that the company boss gets a massive pay check.
    >
    > BUY USA or ITALIAN or FRENCH made bikes.

  4. Doom

    Doom Guest

    oclv's are made in the states; wisconsin I believe

    --
    --------------------------
    Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com "ecce"
    > "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames is
    any
    > > better than the other? I would be interested to hear from anynoe who
    has
    > > ridden/owned both.
    > >
    > > Tom
    >

    > Both bikes are made by Taiwanese slaves - Trek and Giant use the resources of the country, pollute
    > it's soil, air and water, so they can provide high quality products with little cost involved YET
    > STILL charge customers a high price so that the company boss gets a massive pay check.
    >
    > BUY USA or ITALIAN or FRENCH made bikes.

  5. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "ecce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames
    is any
    > > better than the other? I would be interested to hear from anynoe
    who has
    > > ridden/owned both.
    > >
    > > Tom
    >

    > Both bikes are made by Taiwanese slaves - Trek and Giant use the resources of the country, pollute
    > it's soil, air and water, so they can provide high quality products with little cost involved YET
    > STILL charge customers a high price so that the company boss gets a massive pay check.
    >
    > BUY USA or ITALIAN or FRENCH made bikes.

    There is nothing more I'd like to see than either Trek or Giant sue your ass for libel. Keep going
    monkey, you'll actually write something on your type writer one day and all hell will break loose.

    Phil Holman

  6. Pueri Laeta

    Pueri Laeta Guest

    "Phil Holman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "ecce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames
    > is any
    > > > better than the other? I would be interested to hear from anynoe
    > who has
    > > > ridden/owned both.
    > > >
    > > > Tom
    > >

    > > Both bikes are made by Taiwanese slaves - Trek and Giant use the resources of the country,
    > > pollute it's soil, air and water, so they can provide high quality products with little cost
    > > involved YET STILL charge customers a high price so that the company boss gets a massive pay
    > > check.
    > >
    > > BUY USA or ITALIAN or FRENCH made bikes.
    >
    > There is nothing more I'd like to see than either Trek or Giant sue your ass for libel. Keep going
    > monkey, you'll actually write something on your type writer one day and all hell will break loose.
    >
    > Phil Holman

    Theres nothing more I'd like to see than the people of China, taiwan, vietnam, thailand etc etc
    stand up to the Imperialistic Hamburger chomping cola swilling obese filthy American scum that is
    trying to stamp out cultures and religions that they don't understand - so therefore it must be evil
    - and replace it with hotdog stands, baseball, chewing gum, hamburgers,macdonalds and all the other
    so called american "culture" (culture used in the broadest sense, as a country that has less than
    300 years of history really hasn't GOT ANY culture).

    I hope Saddam unleashes a chemical attack on the dumb yanks and they die a horride death.

    Long live Anti- Americanism Long live Terrorism - lets hope a few more Dumb Fat American C*nts are
    killed in the next attack.

  7. Topdog

    Topdog Guest

    [email protected] (ecce) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Does anyone have any views as to whether either of these two frames is any better than the
    > > other? I would be interested to hear from anynoe who has ridden/owned both.
    > >
    > > Tom
    >

    > Both bikes are made by Taiwanese slaves - Trek and Giant use the resources of the country, pollute
    > it's soil, air and water, so they can provide high quality products with little cost involved YET
    > STILL charge customers a high price so that the company boss gets a massive pay check.
    >
    > BUY USA or ITALIAN or FRENCH made bikes.

    Two things to point out -

    first, MANY of the products that we know as "European" or "US" are actually made in SE Asia and
    shipped here for sale, with a US or European label. Still more are partially manufactured there,
    and then finished here. It's very common for the same plant to be making the products for several
    different companies, and the main difference is the label put on at the end of the production
    line. Just because it's a US or European brand does not mean that it was made there. (To wit,
    there are a number of "US" autos made primarily in Japan, and many "Japanese" autos made almost
    completely in the US!)

    Second, just because people there get what WE think are ridiculously low wages does NOT mean that
    they are slaves, or even being exploited. To wit, several years ago I was at a "sweat shop" in
    Honduras run by a well known US company. However, it was far from being what we here made it out to
    be - it was a modern facility similar to a nice US factory, with a bank and restaurant attached. The
    people in the area voiced strong disapproval over the controversy in the US over such plants - for
    them, these were some of the best, highest paying jobs available! While they paid very little
    compared to the same job in the US, there those wages provided a decent living. Are all factories
    overseas similar to this? Almost certainly not. However, the point is that one should not make naive
    blanket judgements based on the standards and limited knowledge that we have here.