Giant TCR vs. Kestrel Talon v. Trek OCLV

a commment for turbo6bar...I used to have a 60 cm frame...now I am riding a giant medium frame..big enough for me with a 12 cm stem. So I was wondering why you go for the large one...but maybe that is because you do not like big seatposts. Just my 2 cents thought

just ordered a Giant TCR composite last week, they will have one for me in january since it is winter no and I do not ride my bike, will be all Dura Ace 10 speed. Oh boy...wish now I think of it..wish it was january already :)

Originally posted by yayaya
I was fortunate enogh that the Giant medium frame was just about perfect for me. Got a good bit of seatpost showing and will probably go from a 120 stem to a 130mm. Did my first ride on it today after 3 years off the bike. (side note: I rode a Waterford steel frame before) I found myself even though lacking fitness staying in the saddle on hills as the bike was transmitting everything I was putting into the pedals into forward motion...nice. Id recommend this bike to anyone considering it.

Man! what an old thread this is and I stumble upon it :D

I am looking at getting a Giant TCR Medium sized compact, but feel a bit stretched when reaching for the drops.

Do you think a shorter stem will work?
( I am not sure what length the stem comes in the originally, have to ask the lads at the LBS )

Possibly. a 120 comes standard on this bike. Get your bike shop to swap it out and take it for a ride. Fit is the most important thing.