Giant Trance 1

moparchris

Apr 13, 2004
hey, anyone out there got a Trance 1 they know the weight of ?

im thinking of getting one.. though it probably wont be for a few months yet (money and they've only just come into the country with limited numbers) im not too concerned with weight, obviously with the components on it it is going to be a reasonably light bike but it still would be interesting to know.

i was thinking of getting some better wheels for my hardtail as well but i'll just get this then if i want to use the hardtail i'll put the crossmax wheels onto it :D

If my memory serves me right, the weight was around 27 lbs. for the Trance 1. (12.24 kilograms).

I too was once interested in purchasing one.

I just bought an 06 Trace 1 yesterday. The weight with my pedals (Shimano 747s, an aluminum cage and Blackburn air stick was 28.04 lbs. With only one ride on it it, it seems like it is going to be a fantastic bike. I climbed, descended and ripped through singletrack like I'd been on it many more times than once. I considered the Yeti 575 but after riding them, made the decision to go with the T1. It's my first FS bike and I'm not a Luddite. After five years on my Specialized SJ Pro the lightness and rigidity seemed to me to be too much to give up for what I percieved to be the luxury of suspension. I'm definitely not regretting the purchase of this bike and look forward to many seasons of rippin' fun.

moparchris said:
hey, anyone out there got a Trance 1 they know the weight of ?

im thinking of getting one.. though it probably wont be for a few months yet (money and they've only just come into the country with limited numbers) im not too concerned with weight, obviously with the components on it it is going to be a reasonably light bike but it still would be interesting to know.

i was thinking of getting some better wheels for my hardtail as well but i'll just get this then if i want to use the hardtail i'll put the crossmax wheels onto it :D