Giant Transend Model Advice

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by Sheepy, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Sheepy

Sheepy New Member

G'day all, I'm new to cycling and have decided on the Giant Transend as a recreational/commuter style bike (open to other suggestions). However since im a beginner im not sure what model level I should get or even if its needed, and the new 2011 incoming makes it more diverse.

A quick summary of choices

I am really tight on money and way over budget on this (originally $600), but the all around Deore does appeal to me. Although I don't really know how different each one is.

I would LOVE any advice, as im really anxious to go get a bike. ;P

Tags:

2. Sheepy

Sheepy New Member

(sorry edit button wouldnt show for the original post)

I have also considered the Cypress as a more versatile hybrid. But I dont know if suspension is a good idea, since I am a big guy and on a cheaper bike it might end up being something to worry about? I do like that it has a lockout though. Even though the Transend is labelled as a commuter I will probably use it mostly for recreation.

Cypress 1 2010 = Deore/ V Brake

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Skip the front suspension. Any of the Transcend bikes will work well for you. If you're constrained by price, then pick the appropriate Transcend that way.

4. Sheepy

Sheepy New Member

Yes I had the same idea. Although im starting to look at other brands as well as It seems you can get a really good deal if you buy used...

So many choices, enough to drive me insane ^^ (specifically looking at Kona or Trek models). Because I dont think I'd deal with winter weather much, disk brakes are becoming less important in my mind and im more willing to sacrifice them.