Giant Vs Gary Fisher

"fungus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You call that advice?? if you feel grateful when people answer your
> questions like that you may have a subservience issue.
>
> And if I haven't been here more than 5 minutes what exactly does that
> say to you about me?? puzzling.

I paid around £250 for an 'MTB' years ago. By year 2 of owning it, it'd cost
me ~£700 excluding consumerables, just trying to make the thing a reasonably
useable off road ride, was still sucking more money, and still causing me
hell with problems. That was some damned expensive cheap bike.

What I did, was buy myself a good but fairly inexpensive frame. Then the
forks. Then a wheel, and another, and so on, until after around a year or
so, I'd built my own bike, just how I wanted it. It cost me alright, but not
all at once. I'd go to the bike shop every payday after work and just hand
the guy as big a chunk of cash as I could. I've ridden and crashed the hell
out of that bike, put plenty of miles on it, and it's still in far, far
better condition than I bloody am.

If I need to say any more, you ain't reading right.

HTH.

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

> [...]

useable off road ride, was still sucking more money, and still causing me
hell with problems. That was some damned expensive cheap bike.

What I did, was buy myself a good but fairly inexpensive frame. Then the
forks. Then a wheel, and another, and so on, until after around a year or
so, I'd built my own bike, just how I wanted it. It cost me alright, but not
all at once. I'd go to the bike shop every payday after work and just hand
the guy as big a chunk of cash as I could. I've ridden and crashed the hell
out of that bike, put plenty of miles on it, and it's still in far, far
better condition than I bloody am.

If I need to say any more, you ain't reading right.

HTH.

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Thanks a lot westie... I've checked it out and - as I have family in
New Zealand - I may consider it if shipping isn't too dear.

Cheers,

[...]

Thanks for the advice, I had considered this option as I already bought
a decent frame - but wasn't 100% decided. however having read these
replies I think that's probably what I will do and get something 2nd
hand for the meantime...