Giant Vs Gary Fisher

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> fungus wrote:
>
>> Nope. I expected people to give some friendly advice, which is one
>> of the purposes of these groups. I'd happily do the same for anyone
>> asking about something I had experience of. but then I don't get a
>> kick out of bigging myself up like some seem to.

> LOL! You want some good advice? Don't take advice from this group.
> Form your own opinions based upon your own experiences and then
> compare them if you want.
>
> Oh and what the hell is a "pillock" anyway?

n : a person who is not very bright; "The economy, stupid!" [syn: stupid,
stupid person, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish]

21 secs :)

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> fungus wrote:
>
>> Nope. I expected people to give some friendly advice, which is one
>> of the purposes of these groups. I'd happily do the same for anyone
>> asking about something I had experience of. but then I don't get a
>> kick out of bigging myself up like some seem to.

> LOL! You want some good advice? Don't take advice from this group.
> Form your own opinions based upon your own experiences and then
> compare them if you want.
>
> Oh and what the hell is a "pillock" anyway?

n : a person who is not very bright; "The economy, stupid!" [syn: stupid,
stupid person, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish]

21 secs :)

> Oh and what the hell is a "pillock" anyway?

Never been on holiday to the UK then? Come over - you (in particular)
will hear it quite a lot! :)

fungus wrote:
>>Oh and what the hell is a "pillock" anyway?

> Never been on holiday to the UK then? Come over - you (in particular)
> will hear it quite a lot! :)

Spent a week and some touring Scotland a few years ago. I can't
remember anyone calling me anything derogatory (other than Yank, which I
don't find insulting). I made it a point to hang-out with the locals
and chat rather than seek out like kind in tourist traps.

It's also intertesting that the other UK regulars to this NG don't go
around calling people pillocks just because they don't like the advice
they were given.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws