Giant Yukon or Trek 4500? Please Help...

Michaelrr

Guest
Greetings,

I am in the process of choosing a bike and have narrowed it down to: Giant Yukon and Trek 4500. I
get varied opinions at the local dealers and I think most of it is somewhat biased. They are the
same price, but the components and frame vary. I've ridden both, and could not really tell any
significant difference. What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance, -Michael

[email protected] (MichaelRR) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Greetings,
>
> I am in the process of choosing a bike and have narrowed it down to: Giant Yukon and Trek 4500. I
> get varied opinions at the local dealers and I think most of it is somewhat biased. They are the
> same price, but the components and frame vary. I've ridden both, and could not really tell any
> significant difference. What do you recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance, -Michael

Giant has a great reputation for their no nonsense handling of customer service issues and product
durability. If that means anything to you, which I am sure it does, then take it from a Giant owner,
and go with the Yukon.

MichaelRR wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am in the process of choosing a bike and have narrowed it down to: Giant Yukon and Trek 4500. I
> get varied opinions at the local dealers and I think most of it is somewhat biased. They are the
> same price, but the components and frame vary. I've ridden both, and could not really tell any
> significant difference. What do you recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance, -Michael

It doesn't matter. They are both somewhat poky entry level bikes. Nothing seriously wrong with
either, but either:

a) They will serve your needs quite well.

b) You will get into the sport and within six months to a year you will graduate to a more
capable steed.

Get the one from the shop that has the best vibe.

Ride lots.

Don't let it gather dust become a drying rack.

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.