Giant Yukon or Trek 4500? Please Help...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michaelrr, May 7, 2003.

  1. Michaelrr

    Michaelrr Guest

    Greetings,

    I am in the process of choosing a bike and have narrowed it down to: Giant Yukon and Trek 4500. I
    get varied opinions at the local dealers and I think most of it is somewhat biased. They are the
    same price, but the components and frame vary. I've ridden both, and could not really tell any
    significant difference. What do you recommend?

    Thanks in advance, -Michael

    Tags:

  2. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    [email protected] (MichaelRR) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am in the process of choosing a bike and have narrowed it down to: Giant Yukon and Trek 4500. I
    > get varied opinions at the local dealers and I think most of it is somewhat biased. They are the
    > same price, but the components and frame vary. I've ridden both, and could not really tell any
    > significant difference. What do you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, -Michael

    Giant has a great reputation for their no nonsense handling of customer service issues and product
    durability. If that means anything to you, which I am sure it does, then take it from a Giant owner,
    and go with the Yukon.

  3. MichaelRR wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am in the process of choosing a bike and have narrowed it down to: Giant Yukon and Trek 4500. I
    > get varied opinions at the local dealers and I think most of it is somewhat biased. They are the
    > same price, but the components and frame vary. I've ridden both, and could not really tell any
    > significant difference. What do you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, -Michael

    It doesn't matter. They are both somewhat poky entry level bikes. Nothing seriously wrong with
    either, but either:

    a) They will serve your needs quite well.

    b) You will get into the sport and within six months to a year you will graduate to a more
    capable steed.

    Get the one from the shop that has the best vibe.

    Ride lots.

    Don't let it gather dust become a drying rack.

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.