Giant's 2006 TCR Composite 2 - with triple!!!

sergen

Jul 28, 2003
Having looked at Giant's website it finally seems that they have a full composite frame bike with a triple ring!!

This is very interesting as several previous forum posters have noted that the frame has thus far been incompatible with a triple. Indeed several forum users had to compromise with a 50/34 to get the gear ratios they wanted at the lower end.

So my question is - anybody ridden one or got one? I'm seriously interested in this bike now that they put a triple on there.

Just a FYI, Giant has already offered a composite frame with a triple - the OCR. That said, I have a TCR Composite and I absolutely love it. If the TCR geometry works for you, it's a great choice and a great value. The OCR is worth a look too though. It's a bit more upright than the TCR.

By the way, it seems a bit odd to be to say that the TCR is not compatible with a triple. What prevents a triple from working on it?

friedmikey said:
Just a FYI, Giant has already offered a composite frame with a triple - the OCR. That said, I have a TCR Composite and I absolutely love it. If the TCR geometry works for you, it's a great choice and a great value. The OCR is worth a look too though. It's a bit more upright than the TCR.

By the way, it seems a bit odd to be to say that the TCR is not compatible with a triple. What prevents a triple from working on it?
I was told that the chain stay is too short to alloy proper shifting.

The 2005 TCR has an indentation to allow for the closer proximity a triple front derailer requires. However, i wonder if the 20006 Advanced TCR will allow a triple as the 2005 does not.

I'm not in agreement here.

I am building up a tri bike with a triple, I'll probably use an Ultegra 9 crankset, however the FD I am using is an 8 speed triple as it has a 1.7mm wider cage than the 9 speed. The reason for this is the short chainstay, 385mm. With the right BB length any frame should take a triple. The dimple in the chainstay is for the chainings not the FD.