Gimme back my jersey, bitch!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Jun 27, 2008.

  1. Well, its about damn time… for those who haven't seen the news, CAS
    has announced that the decision on the Landis case will be released
    Monday morning.

    I don't have any idea how it will turn out, of course, but… Here's
    what I hope happens:'

    1) CAS rules in favor of Landis, stating that given all the problems
    with so many of the tests, some of which appear to have been tampered
    with, the one test showing artificial testosterone, which lead to the
    ban and subsequent stripping of his title, can not be trusted on its
    face. If the lab work can not be trusted, then all results must be
    discarded. CAS further states that considering the impact of doping
    allegations affects the livelyhood of not only the rider in question
    but, as shown in this case, the livelyhood of the team's other riders
    and staff, complete transparency in the testing process is demanded
    and no bans may be meted out on the basis of tainted exam findings,
    innuendo, or personal desires to make a public showing of 'fighting
    doping'.

    2) Landis sues ASO, UCI, and assorted r.b.r. posters for slander.

    3) Landis bitch slaps Periero, demanding his title and jersey back,
    then bitch slaps him again for claiming to be his friend in statements
    to the press during the Tour following stage 17, then failing to stand
    as his friend during the witch hunt to follow.

    Fred

    Tags:

  2. On Jun 27, 11:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    > Well, its about damn time… for those who haven't seen the news, CAS
    > has announced that the decision on the Landis case will be released
    > Monday morning.
    >
    > I don't have any idea how it will turn out, of course, but… Here's
    > what I hope happens:'
    >
    > 1) CAS rules in favor of Landis, stating that given all the problems
    > with so many of the tests, some of which appear to have been tampered
    > with, the one test showing artificial testosterone, which lead to the
    > ban and subsequent stripping of his title, can not be trusted on its
    > face.  If the lab work can not be trusted, then all results must be
    > discarded.  CAS further states that considering the impact of doping
    > allegations affects the livelyhood of not only the rider in question
    > but, as shown in this case, the livelyhood of the team's other riders
    > and staff, complete transparency in the testing process is demanded
    > and no bans may be meted out on the basis of tainted exam findings,
    > innuendo, or personal desires to make a public showing of 'fighting
    > doping'.
    >
    > 2) Landis sues ASO, UCI, and assorted r.b.r. posters for slander.
    >
    > 3) Landis bitch slaps Periero, demanding his title and jersey back,
    > then bitch slaps him again for claiming to be his friend in statements
    > to the press during the Tour following stage 17, then failing to stand
    > as his friend during the witch hunt to follow.
    >
    > Fred

    I hope CAS finds in favor of Landis. In my opinion, it makes no sense
    that his initial positive test is overturned, but he is banned for the
    follow-up test. It's as if someone is convicted of a crime with
    evidence that was found after a search which was proved to be illegal
    upon appeal.

    -ilan

  3. [email protected] wrote:
    > Well, its about damn time… for those who haven't seen the news, CAS
    > has announced that the decision on the Landis case will be released
    > Monday morning.
    >
    > I don't have any idea how it will turn out, of course, but… Here's
    > what I hope happens:'
    >
    > 1) CAS rules in favor of Landis, stating that given all the problems
    > with so many of the tests, some of which appear to have been tampered
    > with, the one test showing artificial testosterone, which lead to the
    > ban and subsequent stripping of his title, can not be trusted on its
    > face. If the lab work can not be trusted, then all results must be
    > discarded. CAS further states that considering the impact of doping
    > allegations affects the livelyhood of not only the rider in question
    > but, as shown in this case, the livelyhood of the team's other riders
    > and staff, complete transparency in the testing process is demanded
    > and no bans may be meted out on the basis of tainted exam findings,
    > innuendo, or personal desires to make a public showing of 'fighting
    > doping'.
    >
    > 2) Landis sues ASO, UCI, and assorted r.b.r. posters for slander.
    >
    > 3) Landis bitch slaps Periero, demanding his title and jersey back,
    > then bitch slaps him again for claiming to be his friend in statements
    > to the press during the Tour following stage 17, then failing to stand
    > as his friend during the witch hunt to follow.

    Good luck on all that. I want to hear Lemond sputtering about the
    miscarriage of justice the CAS has perpetrated too.

    But I don't think any of this will happen.

  4. On Jun 27, 2:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    > Well, its about damn time… for those who haven't seen the news, CAS
    > has announced that the decision on the Landis case will be released
    > Monday morning.
    >
    > I don't have any idea how it will turn out, of course, but… Here's
    > what I hope happens:'
    >
    > 1) CAS rules in favor of Landis, stating that given all the problems
    > with so many of the tests, some of which appear to have been tampered
    > with, the one test showing artificial testosterone, which lead to the
    > ban and subsequent stripping of his title, can not be trusted on its
    > face.  If the lab work can not be trusted, then all results must be
    > discarded.  CAS further states that considering the impact of doping
    > allegations affects the livelyhood of not only the rider in question
    > but, as shown in this case, the livelyhood of the team's other riders
    > and staff, complete transparency in the testing process is demanded
    > and no bans may be meted out on the basis of tainted exam findings,
    > innuendo, or personal desires to make a public showing of 'fighting
    > doping'.
    >
    > 2) Landis sues ASO, UCI, and assorted r.b.r. posters for slander.
    >
    > 3) Landis bitch slaps Periero, demanding his title and jersey back,
    > then bitch slaps him again for claiming to be his friend in statements
    > to the press during the Tour following stage 17, then failing to stand
    > as his friend during the witch hunt to follow.

    Also, I want a pony.

    Ben

  5. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

    On Jun 27, 6:39 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > On Jun 27, 2:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    >

    > > Well, its about damn time… for those who haven't seen the news, CAS
    > > has announced that the decision on the Landis case will be released
    > > Monday morning.

    > > I don't have any idea how it will turn out, of course, but… Here's
    > > what I hope happens:'

    > > 1) CAS rules in favor of Landis, stating that given all the problems
    > > with so many of the tests, some of which appear to have been tampered
    > > with, the one test showing artificial testosterone, which lead to the
    > > ban and subsequent stripping of his title, can not be trusted on its
    > > face. If the lab work can not be trusted, then all results must be
    > > discarded. CAS further states that considering the impact of doping
    > > allegations affects the livelyhood of not only the rider in question
    > > but, as shown in this case, the livelyhood of the team's other riders
    > > and staff, complete transparency in the testing process is demanded
    > > and no bans may be meted out on the basis of tainted exam findings,
    > > innuendo, or personal desires to make a public showing of 'fighting
    > > doping'.

    > > 2) Landis sues ASO, UCI, and assorted r.b.r. posters for slander.

    > > 3) Landis bitch slaps Periero, demanding his title and jersey back,
    > > then bitch slaps him again for claiming to be his friend in statements
    > > to the press during the Tour following stage 17, then failing to stand
    > > as his friend during the witch hunt to follow.

    > Also, I want a pony.

    Be happy with the lump of coal I gave you last year, ya little creep!

    Santa

  6. On Jun 27, 3:39 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > On Jun 27, 2:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    >

    > > ...Landis bitch slaps Periero, ... then bitch slaps him again ...

    > Also, I want a pony.

    If you truly value these wants, you shall fill out a grant
    application. I'll also throw in some chocolates, snow, and cactus,
    just cuz of the great guy that I am!

    You can't have my clown car, so don't bother asking.

  7. On Jun 27, 3:59 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Jun 27, 3:39 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 27, 2:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:

    > > > ...Landis bitch slaps Periero, ... then bitch slaps him again ...

    > > Also, I want a pony.

    > If you truly value these wants, you shall fill out a grant
    > application.  I'll also throw in some chocolates, snow, and cactus,
    > just cuz of the great guy that I am!
    >
    > You can't have my clown car, so don't bother asking.

    Curiously, I just submitted a grant application today.
    There was a line for travel expenses, and I couldn't
    decide whether to put in for a clown car, or a pony.

    I have a funny story about clown cars - excuse the
    digression. The first time I ever went to Palomar Observatory
    http://www.astro.caltech.edu/palomar/
    there was a huge wet winter snow (it was an El Nino
    year). We got basically no data. The observatory
    had a few little clown cars, Geo Metros - the absolute
    lamest car you could buy at the time, 1.0L engine -
    for driving around the mountain. I parked one outside
    the 200" telescope dome (the big one) and went in
    to xerox some logsheets.

    While I was inside, a big chunk of icy wet snow about
    4-5 feet across broke loose, slid down the dome, and
    at some critical speed, detached from the curve and
    plummeted outward, scoring a direct hit on the
    roof of my clown car. It completely caved in the roof.
    The steering wheel was sticking up through the
    remains of the windshield. Everything around the
    car was completely dry.

    I felt pretty stupid, since I even grew up in the Northeast
    and know that snow falls off roofs, but it's hard to
    generalize that to a 140-foot-tall curved dome.
    I did feel a little less bad after learning the assistant
    director once had his pickup cab half crushed by snow.
    And they weren't even mad at me, I think because they
    were relieved that they didn't have to explain to my
    boss that I'd been killed because they forgot to put
    out the "Don't Park Here" sawhorses.

    The best part of this story is that it's become semi-legendary
    and anonymous. Last year, a friend of mine that I got
    to know much later started telling the story about the
    _idiot_ who got his car _crushed_ by snow at Palomar,
    while I tugged on his sleeve to tell him, Hey, I *am* that idiot!

    I have no moral here, except don't park your clown
    car under any flaming trees this month, I guess.

    Ben

  8. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,

    > On Jun 27, 3:59 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On Jun 27, 3:39 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:

    > > > Also, I want a pony.

    > > If you truly value these wants, you shall fill out a grant
    > > application.  I'll also throw in some chocolates, snow, and cactus,
    > > just cuz of the great guy that I am!
    > >
    > > You can't have my clown car, so don't bother asking.

    > Curiously, I just submitted a grant application today.
    > There was a line for travel expenses, and I couldn't
    > decide whether to put in for a clown car, or a pony.
    >
    > I have a funny story about clown cars - excuse the
    > digression. The first time I ever went to Palomar Observatory
    > http://www.astro.caltech.edu/palomar/
    > there was a huge wet winter snow (it was an El Nino
    > year). We got basically no data. The observatory
    > had a few little clown cars, Geo Metros - the absolute
    > lamest car you could buy at the time, 1.0L engine -

    Heh, hit it in one, as that's the clown car in question. I'm not making fun of
    them, though, as they do seem to last a long time. There's a medical courier service
    in SF who use them. Blue coolers galore (heh again).

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    The bloody pubs are bloody dull
    The bloody clubs are bloody full
    Of bloody girls and bloody guys
    With bloody murder in their eyes

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
    > If you truly value these wants, you shall fill out a grant application.
    > I'll also throw in some chocolates, snow, and cactus, just cuz of the
    > great guy that I am!

    Never look a gift mule in the mouth.

  10. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >I hope CAS finds in favor of Landis. In my opinion, it makes no sense
    >that his initial positive test is overturned, but he is banned for the
    >follow-up test. It's as if someone is convicted of a crime with
    >evidence that was found after a search which was proved to be illegal
    >upon appeal.
    >
    >-ilan

    Can you clarify ?

    If I remember well what happened was :
    1. He fails the standard Testo/EPI < 4 ratio test
    2. They look for synthetic testo -> banned

    What's wrong with that ?

    Let's not forget that they redid the synthetic testo test on the
    previous samples where the ratio was ok and found it too.

    And you still think he should walk ? This guy is a cheat, who wasted
    tons of everyone's money and the process, hire a thug as a manager
    (re. the Lemond threats) and is basically an idiot;

  11. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
    > If you truly value these wants, you shall fill out a grant application.
    > I'll also throw in some chocolates, snow, and cactus, just cuz of the
    > great guy that I am!

    Its just as well you're so generous so you probably won't mind paying
    for this too:
    <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7444083.stm>

  12. [email protected] wrote:

    > Curiously, I just submitted a grant application today.
    > There was a line for travel expenses, and I couldn't
    > decide whether to put in for a clown car, or a pony.
    >
    > I have a funny story about clown cars - excuse the
    > digression. The first time I ever went to Palomar Observatory
    > http://www.astro.caltech.edu/palomar/
    > there was a huge wet winter snow (it was an El Nino
    > year). We got basically no data. The observatory
    > had a few little clown cars, Geo Metros - the absolute
    > lamest car you could buy at the time, 1.0L engine -
    > for driving around the mountain.

    How does it compare on the lame scale to the so-called "Smart Car"?
    I believe GM is responsible for both. Somehow I don't see the gummnt
    bailing out GM the way they did for Chrysler and Iococca.

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com

  14. "Mark & Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]

    > How does it compare on the lame scale to the so-called "Smart Car"?
    > I believe GM is responsible for both. Somehow I don't see the gummnt
    > bailing out GM the way they did for Chrysler and Iococca.
    >
    > Steve

    The ironic connection is that the Smart Car is made by Mercedes-Benz Cars, a
    Daimler AG Company.

  15. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    On Jun 28, 9:34 am, Mark & Steven Bornfeld
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:

    > > The observatory
    > > had a few little clown cars, Geo Metros - the absolute
    > > lamest car you could buy at the time, 1.0L engine -

    > How does it compare on the lame scale to the so-called "Smart Car"?

    I've driven both. The Smart is way nicer than the Metro.

  16. In article
    <[email protected]>,

    > On Jun 27, 3:59 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On Jun 27, 3:39 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:

    > > > Also, I want a pony.

    > > If you truly value these wants, you shall fill out a grant
    > > application.  I'll also throw in some chocolates, snow, and cactus,
    > > just cuz of the great guy that I am!
    > >
    > > You can't have my clown car, so don't bother asking.

    > Curiously, I just submitted a grant application today.
    > There was a line for travel expenses, and I couldn't
    > decide whether to put in for a clown car, or a pony.
    >
    > I have a funny story about clown cars - excuse the
    > digression. The first time I ever went to Palomar Observatory
    > http://www.astro.caltech.edu/palomar/
    > there was a huge wet winter snow (it was an El Nino
    > year). We got basically no data. The observatory
    > had a few little clown cars, Geo Metros - the absolute
    > lamest car you could buy at the time, 1.0L engine -
    > for driving around the mountain. I parked one outside
    > the 200" telescope dome (the big one) and went in
    > to xerox some logsheets.
    >
    > While I was inside, a big chunk of icy wet snow about
    > 4-5 feet across broke loose, slid down the dome, and
    > at some critical speed, detached from the curve and
    > plummeted outward, scoring a direct hit on the
    > roof of my clown car. It completely caved in the roof.
    > The steering wheel was sticking up through the
    > remains of the windshield. Everything around the
    > car was completely dry.
    >
    > I felt pretty stupid, since I even grew up in the Northeast
    > and know that snow falls off roofs, but it's hard to
    > generalize that to a 140-foot-tall curved dome.
    > I did feel a little less bad after learning the assistant
    > director once had his pickup cab half crushed by snow.
    > And they weren't even mad at me, I think because they
    > were relieved that they didn't have to explain to my
    > boss that I'd been killed because they forgot to put
    > out the "Don't Park Here" sawhorses.
    >
    > The best part of this story is that it's become semi-legendary
    > and anonymous. Last year, a friend of mine that I got
    > to know much later started telling the story about the
    > _idiot_ who got his car _crushed_ by snow at Palomar,
    > while I tugged on his sleeve to tell him, Hey, I *am* that idiot!
    >
    > I have no moral here, except don't park your clown
    > car under any flaming trees this month, I guess.

    The ice sheet was accelerating in the turn
    when it overcooked and launched over the edge.

    m.v^2
    ----- = F = m.g.cos(x)

    m.g.R.sin(x) = m.v^2/2

    So x = 45 deg from the vertical. In the real world it
    will launch past 45 deg. Exercise for the idle: what is
    the launch angle for a ball of radius r rolling from the apex.

    --
    Michael Press

  17. In article <%[email protected]>,
    "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Mark & Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > >
    > > How does it compare on the lame scale to the so-called "Smart Car"?
    > > I believe GM is responsible for both. Somehow I don't see the gummnt
    > > bailing out GM the way they did for Chrysler and Iococca.
    > >
    > > Steve

    > The ironic connection is that the Smart Car is made by Mercedes-Benz Cars, a
    > Daimler AG Company.

    For the win, sir.

    I was surprised to read the Geo Metro article which explains the Metro's
    tortured design history. Gen 1: captive-import from Suzuki. Gen 2:
    designed by GM using Suzuki drivetrains, sold almost everywhere but
    Japan. Gen 3: same as Gen 2, except sold only in North America.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo_Metro

    The Metro and Smart are two different shots at the small-car market,
    much as a BMW 325 and Chevrolet Malibu are two different sort of cars
    for the medium-sized car market.

  18. On Jun 27, 5:39 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > On Jun 27, 2:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    >

    > > Well, its about damn time… for those who haven't seen the news, CAS
    > > has announced that the decision on the Landis case will be released
    > > Monday morning.

    > > I don't have any idea how it will turn out, of course, but… Here's
    > > what I hope happens:'

    > > 1) CAS rules in favor of Landis, stating that given all the problems
    > > with so many of the tests, some of which appear to have been tampered
    > > with, the one test showing artificial testosterone, which lead to the
    > > ban and subsequent stripping of his title, can not be trusted on its
    > > face.  If the lab work can not be trusted, then all results must be
    > > discarded.  CAS further states that considering the impact of doping
    > > allegations affects the livelyhood of not only the rider in question
    > > but, as shown in this case, the livelyhood of the team's other riders
    > > and staff, complete transparency in the testing process is demanded
    > > and no bans may be meted out on the basis of tainted exam findings,
    > > innuendo, or personal desires to make a public showing of 'fighting
    > > doping'.

    > > 2) Landis sues ASO, UCI, and assorted r.b.r. posters for slander.

    > > 3) Landis bitch slaps Periero, demanding his title and jersey back,
    > > then bitch slaps him again for claiming to be his friend in statements
    > > to the press during the Tour following stage 17, then failing to stand
    > > as his friend during the witch hunt to follow.

    > Also, I want a pony.

    This is so telling.

    You _think_ you want a pony. They bite, and other stuff, because...
    well, they're ponies.

    You want a small Arabian with Russian bloodline. A mare. --D-y

  19. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > You want a small Arabian with Russian bloodline. A mare. --D-y

    I want one too. Big breasts would be another plus. Perhaps I
    should put in a grant applications to the SOTS foundation.