Gingerbread Trifle

The Bubbo

Guest
This makes a BIG trifle

part 1: Ginger Syrup
about 2 thumbs worth of ginger, peeled and matchsticked
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
mix together in saucepan, bring to boil, down to simmer for 15 minutes. Turn
off heat and let cool. Strain.

Part 2: Cake
Make a gingerbread in a 10 inch round cake pan. Usually I would make a real
gingerbread but time and tiredness conspired against me, I used a mix. Using a
10 inch pan makes a thinner cake. Allow cake to sit out overnight, uncovered,
to dry a bit. Chop into squares.

part 3: The Fruit
Chop and mix together, one large pear (hopefully the goat boy at lunds will
pack your pear at the bottom of the bag and mash it up a bit, it really adds a
nice dimension to the overall dish), one large apple, a handful of dried
medjool dates and some toasted walnuts. Drizzle with ginger syrup, add
cardamom, allspice and cinnamon.

part 4: The Whipped Cream
Whip heavy cream adding however much sugar you normally add, a cap of vanilla
and a healthy dash each of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cardamom and nutmeg (I
went light on the nutmeg, it can be strong).

Part 5: Assembly
Layer cake, drizzle with ginger syrup, layer fruit, layer whipped cream.
Repeat ending as often as possible, ending with whipped cream, sprinkle
walnuts on top and use the entire dish to taunt your sister who only stopped
by to say hi and drop off presents and refuses to stay to help alleviate the
mom-pressure.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:46:36 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>This makes a BIG trifle

Thanks!!!! This looks fantastic!

Christine

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:46:36 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>This makes a BIG trifle

> Thanks!!!! This looks fantastic!
>
> Christine

oh also, take the ginger syrup and mix it with vodka and lemon sour....put it
in a martini glass and call it a something or other martini!!

--

The Bubbo wrote:
> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:46:36 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This makes a BIG trifle

>> Thanks!!!! This looks fantastic!
>>
>> Christine

> oh also, take the ginger syrup and mix it with vodka and lemon sour....put it
> in a martini glass and call it a something or other martini!!

Perhaps call it a "Mother's little Helper"