GIPIEMME AERO RACE WHEEL- CLINCHER rims- advice- any good?

Hello,
I am looking at GIPIEMME AERO RACE WHEEL- CLINCHER rims. Has anyone
used these? What price did you pay? How good are they? Do they
actually reduce drag?

On Jul 30, 3:53 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking at GIPIEMME AERO RACE WHEEL- CLINCHER rims. Has anyone
> used these? What price did you pay? How good are they? Do they
> actually reduce drag?

If you mean this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190135334337

Then yes, it's a great wheel that really is faster aerodynamically.
This is from the good old days of aero innovation when the very
similarly designed Campy original Shamal was king. There are plenty
of modern "aero" wheels that are slower.

[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 3:53 am, [email protected] wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am looking at GIPIEMME AERO RACE WHEEL- CLINCHER rims. Has anyone
> > used these? What price did you pay? How good are they? Do they
> > actually reduce drag?

> If you mean this one:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190135334337

> Then yes, it's a great wheel that really is faster aerodynamically.
> This is from the good old days of aero innovation when the very
> similarly designed Campy original Shamal was king. There are plenty
> of modern "aero" wheels that are slower.

Actually 9 out of 10 modern "aro" wheels are slower.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.