Girl need info on who's the best ???

girlneedsinfo

Nov 27, 2006
Hi Everybody,

I'm looking to learn more when my boyfriend and his buddies are drinking and the girls are stuck in the kitchen I'd love to surprise him with some answers. Don't know a lot in cycling and motor cross such as cluchless gears or shock dampning equipment? I never grew up with sports and my boyfriend has three tv's on all the time in his apartment and I want to impress him with facts. Please Please help me out....

Best Motor Cross Rider All time?
Best Now?
Best Cyclist All Time?
Best Cyclist Now?
Fastest Motor Cross rider indoors?
Best Cyclist going up hills?
Best team motor cross all time?
Best cyclist team all time?
What team is the fastest? Cyclist? Motorcross?
What manufacturer for motorcross is the best?

I'd love to know anything crazy of issues going on in sports for table talk or when we go out for a beer. Since I'm a designer and create personalized sports t-shirts, who has the best, coolest uniform? Why?

Chris
www.cafepress.com/nameyoursport
www.cafepress.com/nametshirts

All of those things are rather subjective and more cause for arguments amongst folks more than anything else ;) (just search around here and you'll find lots of arguments about who is best...., well best at what, best because they won the most grand tours, because they won the most races, because they hold a speed record, because they were a ruthless competitor??? it totally depends on your view of what constitutes best.) I would suggest rather than looking for other's opinions try culitvating a real interest in cycling (or motorcross for that matter) and form your own opinions. I certainly didn't grow up around sports and I have no interest in other organized sports like baseball/basketball/football etc. Cycling I love both as a sport to participate in and to watch and discuss.

That is a lot of questions. I know zero about motocross so I can't be of any help there. As far as cycling goes you should get a subscription to Velo News. Read it secretly and surprise him with your vast wealth of knowlege. Search the internet for information on the grand tours. Learn all about the 7 time champion of the Tour De France. You must know who that is??

But there is nothing wrong with just being a "silly" girl whom knows nothing about sports.........

girlneedsinfo said:
I'm looking to learn more when my boyfriend and his buddies are drinking and the girls are stuck in the kitchen I'd love to surprise him with some answers.
:rolleyes: Instead, while he and his buddies are drinking, watching TV, and ignoring you all, why not surprise him by taking all the girls out to have a good time without them? :eek:

I don't suppose he's on an artistic design forum somewhere trying to learn some stuff that'll impress you during your conversations, is he? ;)

girlneedsinfo said:
Hi Everybody,

I'm looking to learn more when my boyfriend and his buddies are drinking and the girls are stuck in the kitchen I'd love to surprise him with some answers. Don't know a lot in cycling and motor cross such as cluchless gears or shock dampning equipment? I never grew up with sports and my boyfriend has three tv's on all the time in his apartment and I want to impress him with facts. Please Please help me out....

Best Motor Cross Rider All time?
Best Now?
Best Cyclist All Time?
Best Cyclist Now?
Fastest Motor Cross rider indoors?
Best Cyclist going up hills?
Best team motor cross all time?
Best cyclist team all time?
What team is the fastest? Cyclist? Motorcross?
What manufacturer for motorcross is the best?

I'd love to know anything crazy of issues going on in sports for table talk or when we go out for a beer. Since I'm a designer and create personalized sports t-shirts, who has the best, coolest uniform? Why?

Chris
www.cafepress.com/nameyoursport
www.cafepress.com/nametshirts
Hun, let me tell you a little something...

something about you impressed your man enough to begin with to start dating you/going out with you, and if it wasnt your vast knowledge of cycling and motocross, then its not going to make a lick of difference wether you learn some useless and subjective trivia about his interests.
if, on the other hand, you genuinely are interested, then maybe you should go out for a few rides with him and take an interest in the sport itself, not just the names behind it.

I dont come from a sporting background at all, and spent most of my school years in the library and darkroom (yeah yeah, total nerd alert... hide your test tubes.), but ive been riding bikes since i can remember (i think around the age of 3, maybe even before that...) and i still dont have a clue about whos big in the sport, and who did what and when. Doesnt stop me riding several times a week, doesnt stop me spending my hard earned dosh on better gear for my bikes and doesnt stop me enjoying the sport/pastime/addiction/whatever both on my own and with friends that are very much into the sport and all the names and events that go with it.

what im trying to say is... he will be much more impressed if you actually join him during his pastimes, than if you just spat out names during beer sessions with his mates. You might find that you really enjoy it too!

I'm attracted to girls that don't know anything about sport... but that's just me

Just tell him you are reading books on cooking,massage,gymnastics and contortionism done easy.
That will get his attention.
BTW: Eddie Merckx is the best cyclist of all times the rest are debatable.

jhuskey said:
...BTW: Eddie Merckx is the best cyclist of all times the rest are debatable.
Can't argue with you there, JH. Incidentally, Roger DeCoster is the best motocrosser of all time...