Girls.... and what should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

4900Rockpock

Aug 26, 2003
I'm a freshman in highschool, and in eighth grade, last year, i "went out" with this girl that i really liked, but it only lasted for about two weeks, sadly. Well the truth is, that i still really like her, and i can't figure out if she likes me or not, now she knows i like her, as does most everyone in my group of friends. sometimes, it seems like she might like me, others not. what do you think i should do?

Originally posted by 4900Rockpock
I'm a freshman in high school, and in eighth grade, last year, i "went out" with this girl that i really liked, but it only lasted for about two weeks, sadly. Well the truth is, that i still really like her, and i can't figure out if she likes me or not, now she knows i like her, as does most everyone in my group of friends. sometimes, it seems like she might like me, others not. what do you think i should do?

Move on!

To many fish in the sea to stay fixated on one girl at your age. However, you may find this difficult and find yourself dreaming about her all through high school. But that's life.

If she wants to be your girlfriend, she will chase you. So pay her no never mind.

Good Luck, and let me be the first to tell you that most girls would want to keep you "on the hook" to increase her self esteem, a back-up date, or just find it amusing to "play" with you.

So, move on!

what do you think i should do?

Ask her...

Its amazing what you can find out about a person, when you really talk to them genuinely... If after talking to her as an equal, she's still all squirelly and confused, talk to her more... Remember, you're both trying to get to know each other... If after a valiant and honorable attempt it goes nowhere, then that is exactly where it is :)

Good luck to you! (ah, the days of young love... I miss them...)

Feanor

Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
And this has what do do with cycling?

From what I understand this is the forum for off topic posts? is it not? Besides sounds like the puppy needs some help.

Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
And this has what do do with cycling?

Love and Cycling both release endorphines in the brain... I think that is where the connection lies :p

I'm a freshman in highschool, and in eighth grade, last year, i "went out" with this girl that i really liked, but it only lasted for about two weeks, sadly. Well the truth is, that i still really like her, and i can't figure out if she likes me or not, now she knows i like her, as does most everyone in my group of friends. sometimes, it seems like she might like me, others not. what do you think i should do?

But the important thing is ........ does she ride!?!?!?!?!?!?

Besides at your age you should be dating at least three or four girls
........and keep all these relationships strictly non-penetrating!!!!

Like the others had pretty much said, at your age chances are you won't end up with anyone that you meet now. Be young and have fun.

As for the comment that this has nothing to do with cycling...I am new to the board but I assume this is more of a lounge. Anything can be discussed. If I am wrong then they need to take the "keep all off-topic topics here" quote off the front of this page.

Rockpack -- all you can do is be yourself. I know that sounds trite and possibly be even a tad patronizing. It's not meant to be. I think most of us remember what it's like to be a teenager.

It's always awful when you like someone more intensely than they like you. Equally as ackward is when the situation is reversed.

The best advice I can give is don't rush into an exclusive relationship. You have your entire life ahead of you to get "paired up and settled down". In our culture, no body is going to take on the responsibility of finding you a wife. That's going to your job and you need to develop the necessary skills to make a good decision on that matter when the time comes. It's called "dating". Right now, you're supposed to be dating...finding out what kinds of things you like and dislike in a partner. What works for you. What doesn't work for you. How to handle different interests and ambitions. What values are uncompromisable for you, which ones can you negotiate.

So take your time. Go out with lots of other girls. Go to movies, go riding, go to dances (do kids still go to dances? It's been a while since I've been on the circuit).

Have fun and take these years of your life to get to know yourself. And now that I've completely established my genuine old fogey credentials, let me say I do remember how much it hurts to be in this situation. My memory hasn't gotten that bad. Only advice I can give you about the hurtin' heart is go for a good ol' long ride. It helps as much as anything.

Thanks again, -off topic kinda- I just have to say this, kids do go to what they call "dances" i think they are stupid though conisdering dances for kids these days is jumping up and down in a wildly erratic motion.

The kid needs advice and is getting some ......

It is all relative Rockpock my old man thought what we were doing back in the 70's and 80's was jumping around and I dare say his Dad thought likewise with him.

For my two cents worth I say move on.

Didn't we call it slam dancing? I knew a girl that broke her wrist doing that...

There are times I wish I could be a teenager again. Then, I remember what being a teenager was really like.

'Brunswick Kate' ..... oh, yeah ...... sound and compassionate advice from a 'mature' lady that rides ...... wanna move to Australia ?

Originally posted by Gazoo
From what I understand this is the forum for off topic posts? is it not? Besides sounds like the puppy needs some help.

You have to remember Randal Lovelace is the god of this entire forum. What-ever he types is the law. If it has nothing to do with cycling then he well always type the same comment.

Look Randal, read the headings of the threads before you enter. This way you can avoid non cycling topic. What a ******.....

Memph

Well, I also think you should talk to her and clear all out, sounds easy but it sure is kind of dificult. If it goes good, great!... if it doesn't... you may have extra energy to do a great ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.