Girly Pink

Danny Colyer

Guest
I arranged to leave work early this afternoon so that I could pop along
to Avon Valley Cyclery, with BoB, and pick up Jenny's first bike.

It came down to a choice between the Islabikes CNOC14 and the Puky Z2.
The CNOC14 had a significant weight advantage, at 6.5kg compared to
8.6kg for the Z2, but the Z2 is available in pink. No prizes for
guessing which bike Jenny chose.

She's had a Lidl like-a-Like-a-Bike for a while now. She's whizzing
around on it, and it became clear a couple of months ago that we
couldn't wait until Christmas to get her a bike with pedals. So, Jenny
knows that Father Christmas is coming early, on the condition that she
has to be really good for the rest of the year. She doesn't know that
he'll be coming tonight.

I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks. I'm rather pleased
that it took less than the expected 3 weeks to arrive. Looks like DW
and I /will/ be doing something special on our anniversary tomorrow,
even if it has to be something with the kids.

http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-puky1.jpg
http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-puky2.jpg
http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-puky3.jpg

And as Father Christmas is bringing the bike, Charlie has to have
something too:
http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-scooter1.jpg
http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-scooter2.jpg

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

Danny Colyer wrote:

> I arranged to leave work early this afternoon so that I could pop along
> to Avon Valley Cyclery, with BoB, and pick up Jenny's first bike.

I'm impressed that she got her first unicycle before her first bike.
:)

--
Dave...

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I arranged to leave work early this afternoon so that I could pop along
> to Avon Valley Cyclery, with BoB, and pick up Jenny's first bike.
>
> It came down to a choice between the Islabikes CNOC14 and the Puky Z2.
> The CNOC14 had a significant weight advantage, at 6.5kg compared to
> 8.6kg for the Z2, but the Z2 is available in pink. No prizes for
> guessing which bike Jenny chose.

Excellent choice by The Young Miss Colyer. The scooter for Young Master
Colyer looks fun too.

Danny Colyer came up with the following;:

> I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks. I'm rather pleased
> that it took less than the expected 3 weeks to arrive. Looks like DW
> and I /will/ be doing something special on our anniversary tomorrow,
> even if it has to be something with the kids.

LOL, here's hoping you, your wife and the kids, have a great day. The bike
and scooter look great.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Danny Colyer wrote:

> She's had a Lidl like-a-Like-a-Bike for a while now. She's whizzing
> around on it, and it became clear a couple of months ago that we
> couldn't wait until Christmas to get her a bike with pedals. So, Jenny
> knows that Father Christmas is coming early, on the condition that she
> has to be really good for the rest of the year. She doesn't know that
> he'll be coming tonight.

Carpe diem! It would be silly to wait six months for the glooms of
winter to get your daughter on the bike. You'd miss all the nice weather
and she'd have outgrown pink by then and be demanding something gothic
in black.

Cheers,

EFR
Ile de France

We took Jenny for a second trip to the park with her new bike this
afternoon. After a picnic lunch I put the pedals on. After a couple of
rides I was happy letting go, by the time we left the park I was having
to run to keep up :)

I think the parents here will know how I feel. JPGs and a couple of
videos to follow when I'm able to access my webspace - there seems to be
a problem with it this afternoon :-(

Danny Colyer <[email protected]>typed

> We took Jenny for a second trip to the park with her new bike this
> afternoon. After a picnic lunch I put the pedals on. After a couple of
> rides I was happy letting go, by the time we left the park I was having
> to run to keep up :)

> I think the parents here will know how I feel. JPGs and a couple of
> videos to follow when I'm able to access my webspace - there seems to be
> a problem with it this afternoon :-(

That's two in a week, then.

Welcome Jenny, Welcome Martin Junior!

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We took Jenny for a second trip to the park with her new bike this
> afternoon. After a picnic lunch I put the pedals on. After a couple of
> rides I was happy letting go, by the time we left the park I was having to
> run to keep up :)
>
> I think the parents here will know how I feel. JPGs and a couple of
> videos to follow when I'm able to access my webspace - there seems to be a
> problem with it this afternoon :-(

Watch out Nicole Cooke... Jenny is catching up :)

Cheers, helen s

I wrote:
>>It came down to a choice between the Islabikes CNOC14 and the Puky Z2.

and Guy responded:
> As Seen In Velovision :)

Yup, mine arrived this morning too. Catherine and I /tried/ to steer
her towards the CNOC14, but for a 4yo girl the most important thing when
choosing a bike is the colour. I even offered to decorate the CNOC14
with the same pinky-purple holographic tape that I decorated her
unicycle with, but no, it had to be all pink.

I expect Charlie's first bike will be a CNOC.

Danny Colyer wrote on 18/06/2006 19:49 +0100:
> I wrote:
>> We took Jenny for a second trip to the park with her new bike ...
>> JPGs and a couple of videos to follow

> Here they are:
> http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-0606171446jennybike.avi
> (2.63MB)

Brings back memories of aching backs and out of breathness from running
along bending over.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci