Girly Saddles

BomoSammo

Apr 26, 2005
Evening Ladies,

I've just bought my girlfriend a nice new roadie but as it's not a WSD she's on the lookout for a more fitting saddle (no pun intended).
As she's a newbie she has no experience of which are good, which are bad, and which leave you looking like you've ridden a horse.
I know that the answer is "whatever works for her", but she's not keen on buying a succession of saddles until she finds the right one.
We'll only be pootling around to start with, building up to a gentle hour or two's riding while she helps me to convalesce - Can anyone recommend a nice, comfy saddle?
Cheers,

Sammo

BomoSammo said:
Can anyone recommend a nice, comfy saddle?
I have heard that terry saddles are supposed to be great... WSD and all... though i bought a cheap diamondabck saddle for $6 on clearance at Dicks and I love it. so i'm not about to go spend a lot on one when this cheap one works. some bike shops will let you try them out... I recomend going riding for like 30-40 mins and then riding to the bike shop and trying a few out. if you are already a little sore, it's easier to see if the ones you try are better or worse. but if you arne't sore, they all feel good for the first few miles...

hope this helps!
Diana
www.crazygirlonabike.com

Terry saddles--they make some reasonably priced saddles. also, the website provides a guide that lists a recommended saddle depending on where her discomfort is. At least, it is a good place to start.

As you said--it really is whatever works for her. At least the chart gives her a start re: where the discomfort is and what saddles are recommended and why.

BomoSammo said:
Evening Ladies,

I've just bought my girlfriend a nice new roadie but as it's not a WSD she's on the lookout for a more fitting saddle (no pun intended).
As she's a newbie she has no experience of which are good, which are bad, and which leave you looking like you've ridden a horse.
I know that the answer is "whatever works for her", but she's not keen on buying a succession of saddles until she finds the right one.
We'll only be pootling around to start with, building up to a gentle hour or two's riding while she helps me to convalesce - Can anyone recommend a nice, comfy saddle?
Cheers,

Sammo