Giro alters Mountain Stage to Exclude France; Now AFLD may sanction LA

hawkeye87

Feb 18, 2008
Yesterday the news covered the issue of the Giro shortening its major mountain stage to exclude a journey into France. The reasons given were something vague like "route issues".

Today, Cyclingnews just posted that the AFLD may sanction Lance Armstrong.

The makes France off limits for Lance.

Just a coincidence with the Giro? I wonder.

It also gives an easy out for a 37 year old returning after a 3-year stint to not have a go at the TdF and show he really is not up for it.

hawkeye87 said:
Yesterday the news covered the issue of the Giro shortening its major mountain stage to exclude a journey into France. The reasons given were something vague like "route issues".

Today, Cyclingnews just posted that the AFLD may sanction Lance Armstrong.

The makes France off limits for Lance.

Just a coincidence with the Giro? I wonder.

It also gives an easy out for a 37 year old returning after a 3-year stint to not have a go at the TdF and show he really is not up for it.
sssssaa

hawkeye87 said:

Do you honestly think LA, the biggest hardass in the world when it comes to training and competing, would duck an event?

thebluetrain said:
Do you honestly think LA, the biggest hardass in the world when it comes to training and competing, would duck an event?

Yep. Defo.

Your man has prior form when it comes to chickening out.

He bottled out of 2004 Sydney Olympics when it was announced that rEPO test was going to be used for testing.

limerickman said:
Yep. Defo.

Your man has prior form when it comes to chickening out.

He bottled out of 2004 Sydney Olympics when it was announced that rEPO test was going to be used for testing.

Or Paris Roubaix (his entire career).

kennf said:
Or Paris Roubaix (his entire career).

Yeah, he's never ridden PR either.
Good point.

For all that hard training that he (allegedly) does, his record in the Classics is not great.
He did win an Amstel Gold in the mid-1990's but it isn't a monument.

limerickman said:
Yeah, he's never ridden PR either.
Good point.

For all that hard training that he (allegedly) does, his record in the Classics is not great.
He did win an Amstel Gold in the mid-1990's but it isn't a monument.

I think he would routinely do Amstel because the weather was usually a little better than the other Spring races, and it's not an especially "dangerous" course.

Now granted, fewer and fewer GT riders are doing the Classics, in part because they don't fit into their "peaking" calendar, and in part because they do pose some physical risk (i.e. broken collarbones).

I do miss the days, though, when the top GT riders would contend the Classics.

limerickman said:

LOL, and he told you personally this was the reason for not riding the olympics?

thebluetrain said:
LOL, and he told you personally this was the reason for not riding the olympics?

LOL, you use the acronym LOL?

It's pretty ****ing obvious why he was a no-show at the 2004 Olympics. I bet Hamilton wished he'd skipped, particularly after he'd been directly warned that he'd basically test positive if he showed up.

Wonder if Armstrong received a similar letter?

limerickman said:
Did he tell you why he bottled it in Sydney?

No, you are the one who ASSumed why he didnt ride in 2004, not me. I dont know the reason and never claimed to.

thebluetrain said:
No, you are the one who ASSumed why he didnt ride in 2004, not me.

Incorrect. You said, he never ducked an event.
He bottled out of Sydney 2004.

thebluetrain said:
I dont know the reason and never claimed to.

Whether you know the reason or not, is immaterial.

He failed to show up at Sydney 2004. Period.
He bottled it.

thebluetrain said:
You are grasping, Lim. Cornered and grasping.

and blaming Madame Bleutrain for your posts appearing under your identity, isn't grasping when cornered??

Comedy Gold.

limerickman said:
Incorrect. You said, he never ducked an event.
He bottled out of Sydney 2004.

Whether you know the reason or not, is immaterial.

He failed to show up at Sydney 2004. Period.
He bottled it.

LMFAO, Please find a post where I said "he never ducked an event", MR. SPIN.
Comedy gold indeed.

thebluetrain said:
LMFAO, Please find a post where I said "he never ducked an event",

Message 3 : you're asking, would he duck an event?
thebluetrain said:

The answer to which is yes - he bottled out of Sydney Olympics 2004.

limerickman said:
Message 3 : you're asking would, he duck an event?

The answer to which is yes - he bottled out of Sydney Olympics 2004.

HaHa, The King of Spin exposed.

thebluetrain said:
HaHa, The King of Spin exposed.

You exposed yourself by posting message 3 - and compounded it by trying to justify yourself subsequently.

limerickman said:
You exposed yourself by posting message 3 - and compounded it by trying to justify yourself subsequently.

Come on Lim. Admit it. You got busted spinning. Just admit it and it will all be over.