Giro alters Mountain Stage to Exclude France; Now AFLD may sanction LA

thebluetrain said:
Come on Lim. Admit it. You got busted spinning. Just admit it and it will all be over.

Nothing to admit, mon ami.

You made a statement in message 3.
Sydney Olympics 2004, contradicted your statement.

Case closed.
Some advice, if you're going to post here, check your facts before doing so.

limerickman said:
Nothing to admit, mon ami.

Sydney Olympics 2004, contradicted your statement.

Case closed.

HaHa, you dont get off that light. Since you wont admit it like a man I will post so everyone can see. Spinning 101, as seen below.

thebluetrain said:
Do you honestly think LA, the biggest hardass in the world when it comes to training and competing, would duck an event?
limerickman said:
Incorrect. You said, he never ducked an event.
limerickman said:
Message 3 : you're asking, would he duck an event?

thebluetrain said:
HaHa, you dont get off that light. Since you wont admit it like a man I will post so everyone can see. Spinning 101, as seen below.

That statement was contradicted by Sydney Olympics 2004.

Unless of course, you're now trying to suggest that Armstrong raced in Sydney in 2004?

limerickman said:

That statement was contradicted by Sydney Olympics 2004.

Unless of course, you're now trying to suggest that Armstrong raced in Sydney in 2004?
All I am suggesting is that you are very good at spinning what people say. You got busted spinning posts in this thread and you are not man enough or to hardheaded to admit.

give it up bluetrain. lim's got the bead on this issue. armstrong's entire career was keeping clear of the historical calendar so he could concentrate on tdf. sort of always struck me as lance ducking as many unnecessary in competition drug tests. and remember, back then they didn't test as often ooc.

slovakguy said:
give it up bluetrain. lim's got the bead on this issue.
Not even close. And you are entitled to your opinion, just as Lim is. I only take issue with ASSumptions and Spinning posts, which is what Lim threw out.

thebluetrain said:
Not even close. And you are entitled to your opinion, just as Lim is. I only take issue with ASSumptions and Spinning posts, which is what Lim threw out.

Not even close?
As soon as you posted here, you were caught out (again).

Trying to retract your statement in message 3 with subsequent posts, is spinning Bluetrain.

Like several others have said, your man has a history of, as you put it, ducking.
Sydney Olympics 2004, being just one example.

limerickman said:
Trying to retract your statement in message 3 with subsequent posts, is spinning Bluetrain.

Like several others have said, your man has a history of, as you put it, ducking.
Sydney Olympics 2004, being just one example.
HUH??
How am I trying to retract Post #3? I asked Hawkeye a question, not a statement. You butted in and said LA ducked Sydney 2004 because of the drug testing he would receive. I asked you if he told you this personnally because this would be the only way you could prove that was the reason why he didnt go to Sydney 2004.

thebluetrain said:
HUH??
How am I trying to retract Post #3? I asked Hawkeye a question, not a statement. You butted in and said LA ducked Sydney 2004 because of the drug testing he would receive. I asked you if he told you this personnally because this would be the only way you could prove that was the reason why he didnt go to Sydney 2004.

Butted in?
If you post disinformation here, expect to be challenged and proven wrong.

You said that your man did not duck events, in message 3.
He bottled out of Sydney Olympics 2004.

limerickman said:
Butted in?

Wow, you are a mine of information aren't you. I'm pretty sure that he bottled out of riding in Sydney during the 2004 Olympics because the 2004 summer games were held in Athens...

Just sayin' being that you're always such a stickler for the truth and technical accuracy. ;)

Next you'll be saying that the 2004 games really were in Sydney and it was a massive world wide mindfuck by **** Pound and WADA paid for by Lance.

An EPO test using blood and urine was introduced for the Sydney Olympics and accepted by the IOC. Armstrong won bronze in the time trial (and therefore tested) but only managed 13th in the road race, something to do with just recovering from a broken vertibrae in his neck.

swampy1970 said:
An EPO test using blood and urine was introduced for the Sydney Olympics and accepted by the IOC. Armstrong won bronze in the time trial (and therefore tested) but only managed 13th in the road race, something to do with just recovering from a broken vertibrae in his neck.
Sounds he had not switched to transfusions yet.

limerickman said:
Butted in?

Again please find a post where I said "LA did not duck events"? You are spinning Lim, plain and simple SPIN. Him bottling out of the Olympics is your opinion until you can find proof of it. So please end your silly little argument by proving your opinion. A website or quote from LA would suffice.

swampy1970 said:
Wow, you are a mine of information aren't you. I'm pretty sure that he bottled out of riding in Sydney during the 2004 Olympics because the 2004 summer games were held in Athens...

Just sayin' being that you're always such a stickler for the truth and technical accuracy. ;)

Next you'll be saying that the 2004 games really were in Sydney and it was a massive world wide mindfuck by **** Pound and WADA paid for by Lance.

LMFAO :D

swampy1970 said:

My mistake.
He was at Sydney 2000.

swampy1970 said:

Incorrect : the rEPO test was introduced at Athens 2004 Olympics, and not in Sydney Olympics 2000.

An rEPO test had been formulated and was supposed to be introduced for the Games in Sydney in 2000.
However, the test was not approved by the IOC and could not be used at Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

In 2004, WADA and the IOC, informed the UCI, that rEPO t estingwould be mandatory and would be used at Athens 2004 Olympics.
Several sporting federations including the UCI resisted signing up to the WADA/IOC charter authorising the use of WADA-approve tests and testing procedures.
Only on pain of exclusion from Athens 2004, did the UCI sign up to the WADA/IOC charter.

Armstrong, having raced in 1992, 1996 and 2000 Olympics, bottled out of Athens Olympics 2004.

Lim he missed Hamilton Worlds, circa 03 when Astarloa won.

Could not ride and not win. Would hurt his "unbeatable" narrative.

Only N American Worlds of last decade.

limerickman said:
My mistake.
He was at Sydney 2000.

Incorrect : the rEPO test was introduced at Athens 2004 Olympics, and not in Sydney Olympics 2000.

An rEPO test had been formulated and was supposed to be introduced for the Games in Sydney in 2000.
However, the test was not approved by the IOC and could not be used at Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

In 2004, WADA and the IOC, informed the UCI, that rEPO t estingwould be mandatory and would be used at Athens 2004 Olympics.
Several sporting federations including the UCI resisted signing up to the WADA/IOC charter authorising the use of WADA-approve tests and testing procedures.
Only on pain of exclusion from Athens 2004, did the UCI sign up to the WADA/IOC charter.

Armstrong, having raced in 1992, 1996 and 2000 Olympics, bottled out of Athens Olympics 2004.
Sometimes you need to stop thinking WADA and UCI and remember that other agencies such as the IOC implement tests faster than the aforementioned behemoths.

First serve:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/news/2000/05/24/epo_sydney/

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4558392.html

Second serve:

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/dynamic.ch2?pageCategory.id=527

When was a test to detect EPO implemented?
  • A test for EPO was introduced at the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Sydney (Australia). The test, validated by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), was based on the blood and urine matrix. A blood screening was performed first, and a urine test was then used to confirm possible use of EPO.
  • In June 2003, WADA’s Executive Committee accepted the results of an independent report stating that urine tests alone can be used to detect the presence of recombinant EPO. This report, requested by WADA’s stakeholders and commissioned by the Agency to evaluate the validity of urinary and blood tests for detecting the presence of recombinant EPO, concluded that urinary testing is the only scientifically validated method for direct detection of recombinant EPO. This report also recommended that urine testing be used in conjunction with blood screening for a variety of reasons, including the cost savings of performing blood screening prior to testing urine. Some international sports federations still use both urine and blood matrix for the detection of EPO. Recently, the urine test was adapted to blood to perform detection of some new erythropoiesis stimulating agents.
http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/story/2000/09/05/china000905.html

China cuts seven athletes for positive EPO tests

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 5, 2000 | 9:32 PM ET

CBC Sports

One major hurdle facing Beijing in its quest to play host to the 2008 Summer Olympics is China's history of athletic drug scandals, most notably in swimming. On Tuesday, China took a step towards improving that reputation by cutting seven rowers with positive drug tests from the team it will be sending to the Sydney Olympics.

The rowers tested positive for the banned performance-enhancing drug EPO, or erthyropoietin.

China notified International Olympic Committee medical director Patrick Schamasch of the withdrawls in a letter. Schamasch said the rowers' tests showed EPO levels above the allowable limit.

"I'm very pleased," International Olympic Committee president Juan Antonio Samaranch said Wednesday of the doping withdrawals. "We are trusting the Chinese. They are fighting against doping. This is an example for many other countries. This is good news for the image of sport."

swampy1970 said:
Sometimes you need to stop thinking WADA and UCI and remember that other agencies such as the IOC implement tests faster than the aforementioned behemoths.

First serve:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/news/2000/05/24/epo_sydney/

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4558392.html

Second serve:

When was a test to detect EPO implemented?
  • A test for EPO was introduced at the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Sydney (Australia). The test, validated by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), was based on the blood and urine matrix. A blood screening was performed first, and a urine test was then used to confirm possible use of EPO.
  • In June 2003, WADA’s Executive Committee accepted the results of an independent report stating that urine tests alone can be used to detect the presence of recombinant EPO. This report, requested by WADA’s stakeholders and commissioned by the Agency to evaluate the validity of urinary and blood tests for detecting the presence of recombinant EPO, concluded that urinary testing is the only scientifically validated method for direct detection of recombinant EPO. This report also recommended that urine testing be used in conjunction with blood screening for a variety of reasons, including the cost savings of performing blood screening prior to testing urine. Some international sports federations still use both urine and blood matrix for the detection of EPO. Recently, the urine test was adapted to blood to perform detection of some new erythropoiesis stimulating agents.
http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/story/2000/09/05/china000905.html

China cuts seven athletes for positive EPO tests

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 5, 2000 | 9:32 PM ET

CBC Sports

One major hurdle facing Beijing in its quest to play host to the 2008 Summer Olympics is China's history of athletic drug scandals, most notably in swimming. On Tuesday, China took a step towards improving that reputation by cutting seven rowers with positive drug tests from the team it will be sending to the Sydney Olympics.

The rowers tested positive for the banned performance-enhancing drug EPO, or erthyropoietin.

China notified International Olympic Committee medical director Patrick Schamasch of the withdrawls in a letter. Schamasch said the rowers' tests showed EPO levels above the allowable limit.

"I'm very pleased," International Olympic Committee president Juan Antonio Samaranch said Wednesday of the doping withdrawals. "We are trusting the Chinese. They are fighting against doping. This is an example for many other countries. This is good news for the image of sport."

Return of serve 1.

Antonio Pettigrew, US 4x400 relay team member, at Sydney 2000, admitted in federal court that he "used EPO before, during and after, Sydney 2000".
Mr Pettigrew returned his Sydney 2000 Gold medal - and the US team were disqualified and their result was revoked.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/sports/olympics/03medals.html
http://www.isteroids.com/blog/tag/antonio-pettigrew/

Return of serve 2.

WADA itself states that many cases of EPO detection went undetected following the introduction of testing in 2000.

Q How has the EPO detection method evolved since its introduction in 2000?

A The conservative approach used in the initial phase of implementation of the method allowed a large number of EPO abusers to escape detection.

Consistent with the advancing science in anti-doping, work is done on an ongoing basis on all detection methods to refine their sensitivity and the interpretation of results.
In the case of EPO, based on expert consensus, new interpretation criteria are introduced as science advances for a more discriminant reading of EPO results.

If the tests were in place at Sydney 2000, as you allege, why was Pettigrew's EPO usage not detected by IOC?

And if the the tests were in place, how come WADA itself states that many cases of EPO usage went undetected?

And if the tests were in place, at Sydney 2000, why then did the IOC have to amend it's charter to incorporate the WADA Code for mandatory testing in 2003?

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/dynamic.ch2?pageCategory.id=822

What happens if a sports organization or a government does not comply with the Code?

WADA reports cases of non-compliance to its stakeholders who have jurisdiction to impose sanctions, including the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The Olympic charter was amended in 2003 to state that adoption of the Code by the Olympic movement is mandatory. Only sports that adopt and implement the Code can be included and remain in the program of the Olympic Games. If a country does not ratify the International Convention against Doping in Sport, it may be subject to sanctions from the IOC and from other sports organizations, including losing the right to host Olympic Games.

Tests were introduced and tests happened. The IOC said it, WADA said it...

Does it come as a surprise to you that someone from the country were EPO has been floating around from the early 80's during tests, the same country that became synonimous with blood manipulation 16 years earlier, could beat an EPO test? I'm guessing it shouldn't as many on here seem to intimate in many of the posts that Lance and his own little army of workers do similar things seeming at will.

As you correctly pointed out, the tests introduced in 2000 weren't always the most reliable, but that doesn't get you out of the spin control, something I believe you were chastising someone else about in another thread recently, in regards to Lance bottling out of the Sydney Olympics. :p